Do you use Alteryx in a language other than English? If so, we want to hear from you! Please help us improve the international experience of our products by participating in this 5 minute survey.

We are updating the requirements for Community registration. As of 7/21/21 all users will be required to register a phone number with their My Alteryx accounts. If you have already registered, you will be prompted on your next login to add your phone number.

General Discussions

Discuss a wide range of topics! Questions about the Alteryx Platform should be directed to the appropriate Product discussion forum.

Weekly Challenge Improvement Ideas Wanted!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

We are investigating on making some updates to the Weekly Challenge area on Alteryx Academy! What do you think some key improvements or enhancements you would like to see in the future? We wanted to hear from you!

Reply to this thread to share your ideas.

43 REPLIES 43
Luke_C
13 - Pulsar

@BeginnerMindset 

There is a workflow that will tell you which ones you've completed, all you need to do is input your username and run it!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/m-p/454563#M249...

BeginnerMindset
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Luke_C. I've seen this (and run it!) previously.  But useful pointer for anybody who hasn't found it. 

This is a useful workflow, but not as handy as a flag next to the actual challenge (and index).  So we can instantly spot the gaps rather than cross-referencing. In the same way as I can immediately see which interactive lessons I've completed. 

Just an idea - to make an already brilliant resource even easier to navigate!  Presumably it must be possible (perhaps straight forward?) to implement as we can already see who the last person to post was, so somewhere it is recording everyone who posts.  So it just needs something to check whether the current user has ever posted on the thread. (Assume anybody who posts has completed the challenge - fair assumption for 99.9% of people I reckon)

vijaykarthiklife
6 - Meteoroid

It would be great to have a theme based weekly challenge of sorts.

As an example - a weekly challenge bundle focused towards sustainability. There would be datasets (preferably near real world) and the challenge would actually focus on a solution with some real world impact, not just academic learning. 

KyronSmith
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone,

As mentioned above, I think there should be threaded discussions. At the moment it seems a bit of a free for all and it's quite hard to keep track of comments, whereas a threaded discussion is likely to encourage people to comment on other posts and start discussions.

It would be really useful if there was a way to track what challenges you have completed, and the ones you haven't completed. If they were split into two sections or you could filter through, it would be much easier to manage.

Hope these suggestions help.

Kyron