General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Using Alteryx for Volunteer Work

chriswilliams41
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Hey everyone! I wanted to pose this question to the Alteryx Community because it's something that I have decided to try. I'm very big on volunteering and giving back to my community. One thing I wanted to try is to provide analytics assistance for a local food pantry that I volunteer at. One of the reasons I'm doing this is because they are constantly wondering how much food the pantry has left, how many pounds of food were distributed in an event, and how many volunteers did what on which days. I wanted to help them with these challenges since they don't have the budget to hire someone to do this on a regular basis.

The food pantry is responsible for developing a monthly report for the parent food bank they feed into. No pun intended. Part of this effort will be trying to establish a proper data entry process to facilitate the workflows that I will be developing. Immediately I thought of Alteryx because listening to how tedious it was for them to create this report. The main challenge that I have is to try and introduce a new data entry process without disrupting their daily duties. The idea is to make their work lives easier not add to it. Additionally, communicating my intentions properly with the parent food bank is imperative to show that we are all working together in improving the analytics process.

I will be developing a series of Alteryx workflows based on distribution events, donations, and volunteer data to not only produce the monthly report, but also provide the food pantry an opportunity to see some trends. This will enable them to provide more focused requests to the food bank so they can be more effective. I have already started on this volunteer analytics journey with the food pantry and I will keep you posted on my progress in the Alteryx for Good area posts. What I would love to know if anyone else has used Alteryx to volunteer? If so, how did you apply Alteryx to the need? What obstacles did you have to overcome?

Happy Alteryxing everyone!

1 REPLY 1
lharder_AFG
Alteryx
Alteryx

@chriswilliams41 - thanks for sharing your passion for volunteering and giving back. Here to listen and learn from other's experiences.

@CristonS, I thought you might be able to shed some light on using Alteryx to volunteer and your experience! 

Labels