This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I altered your workflow to have your URL endpoint as the value in the text input and the user input to change the value in the formula tool. This will avoid any weird autodetected data type nonsense. Also I set up two different containers, one for each URL endpoint. The users selection of a radio button will decide which container is ran. I grouped the text inputs into the radio buttons in the interface designer - layout view using the up/down arrows so they collapse when deselected. See below.
The workflow will also output and open the files automatically. This can be changed in the properties of the interface designer as shown below.
If you need to compare the output of this file to another file, I'd recommend using a chained application. I'd like to know more about the comparison process though.
Thank you for quick response and great example but if i make changes to your code 'Replace' to 'validationInput', it is taking the validationInput as literal than actual value passed in. Not sure where i am making the change.
I added the word 'Replace' in because that is what the interface tools will replace from the user's entry. You could also use the word ValidationInput, it all depends on the string that you point the action tool to.
In this image I am configuring the action tool connected to the formula to replace the string validationinput in the first formula field with the user's input.