Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Un-Boo-Lievable! The Alteryx Community is Haunted!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

WillM_2-1635277859671.png

Well, we couldn't go forever without something weird happening this spooky season, now could we? Apparently some pesky little spirits have infiltrated the Alteryx Community, and we could use your help! You see, these ghosts aren't necessarily a danger to anyone - can you imagine if interactive lessons had been possessed by something evil? Then we'd really have problems.

It seems as though the sneaky little spectres seem to be congregating around specific buttons and links around the community in a game of hide and seek (links that seem to be pretty important for a holistic community experience for our members, no less). Even though these little guys aren't causing any major harm, we would definitely appreciate the help of the community to find them. There seem to be nine posses of poltergeists throughout the community, and you'll know you've found them when you hover over a link or a button and they pop out to say hello!

Here's where it gets fun - keep a list going of all the places that you've found the little guys, and once you have all nine, respond to this thread with their locations! Now, in the spirit of fun, don't forget to add a spoiler to your answer so others can still enjoy the hunt. We'll be sure to shout out all of you that participate and find the wily wraiths before the game of digital ghostbusting ends on November 3.

As an even more fun added bonus, our own @KylieF created some absolutely amazing community avatar-based Halloween costumes to make things even more fun - when you post your answer, make sure to include what costume you'd like to wear from the list below - we'll be updating at the end of each day and you'll get a nice little shareable surprise.

COSTUMES (pictured below L to R)

• Megaman X
  • Swamp Creature
  • Frankenstein
  • Mummy
  • Witch
  • RX-78-2 Gundam
  • Candy Corn Monarch
  • Bone Collector

WillM_0-1635277812077.png

And if you're struggling - don't worry!  We'll be adding some hints as the game goes on to ensure that everyone has a fighting chance to find them. You've got from October 27th through November 3rd to round up the hiding spots of these freaky phantoms. Have a fun and spooky time this week while you live out your "Ghost Hunters: Alteryx Community" dreams!

HINT 1

OK guys, as someone who has been collaborating with the ghosts to let them have a bit of fun - here's the first hint for those of you that are struggling. It looks like they seem to be congregating around a newer area of the community - particularly one that might help amplify new opportunities for those that know Alteryx...

HINT 2

OK y'all, it's time for another hint!  This one is going to be pretty helpful for all of you that are already Core Certified (hint hint), as the ghosts have upped their hiding game.  If you think you know where something should be, but the ghosts aren't showing up - try looking at it again in an incognito window - it's like using EVP tech, just in the community.

HINT 3

Alrighty then, it's time for our third hint as we enter the home stretch of searching for spectres! One of the gangs of ghouls in the community is hanging around a button that would be pretty darn useful if you wanted to automatically keep up to date on the happenings of what's going on in the community overall. I wonder if they found it by following me and @KylieF as we were making our monthly stop...

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
44 REPLIES 44
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Got some more costumes, fresh off the press for our fantastic scavengers! Thank you all again for participating!

@mceleavey 

Mcelveavey_Costum.png

@taran42 

Taran_Costume.png

(Sorry I couldn't make yours a gif, the software I'm using wasn't a fan)

@Maskell_Rascal 

Maskell_Costume.png

17 - Castor

I've finally found all of them.

Spoiler

I choose the form of RX-78-2 Gundam !

Uazir
6 - Meteoroid

deleted and posted in Spoilers

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Uazir 

Thank you for your participation. Can you please place your answers in the spoilers so that the fun of finding is not spoiled for the other GhostBusters.

Spoiler

You can do it by clicking on 3dots at the left top of your post and select edit reply. Refer below

atcodedog05_0-1635602009771.png

Next insert the spoiler tag by clicking on the triangle above. Refer below

atcodedog05_1-1635602291540.png

Cut and paste your answers in the spoiler tag. This will create a collapsible spoiler tag where the answer is visible only when people expand it.

Thank you for participating and Happy Halloween 👻

Uazir
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Boo!

👻

Spoiler
1. Community Home Page > Ask a Question
2. Community Hub > Browse Resources > Getting Started on Community
3. Community Ideas > Suggest an Idea
4. User Groups > Welcome & Guidelines (Learn More)
5. Podcasts > Subscribe
6. SparkED Job Board > Create an Article
7. Certification > Core Certification Registration button
8. General Discussions > New Topic
9. Found it!! Alter.Nation Blog > Subscribe

Trick or treat
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

This is interesting, hehe.
I have found 8 finally with a lot of help from here 😂
But could not verify the one about the certification suggested by @atcodedog05 .
And I would like to have the "Bone Collector".

Spoiler
Learn > Podcasts > All > Subscribe
Community Home Page > Ask a Question
Community Hub > Getting Started on Community
Community Participate Community Hub Community Ideas > Suggest an idea
Learn>Community Learn SparkED > Education Job Board > Create an artice
Community > Participate >Discussions > General > New Topic
Learn > Blogs > Alter.Nation > Subscribe
Community > Groups & Events > User Groups > LEARN MORE
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova
Spoiler
Hi @Qiu 

Try this link https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Certification/bd-p/product-certification

Hover on recertify like below. If this doesn't work open this page in incognito or signout and check out this page.
atcodedog05_0-1635749066423.png

You might not be able to see the recertify because 1 yr cooling period might not be completed. When it shows certified guessing there is no link under it hence specters are not showing up. When in incognito or signed out mode the certify button is still active hence you will be able to see.

Would my theory be correct @KylieF ? 🙂
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@atcodedog05 
Thanks a lot.

I think I am still a few days away, hehe.

Spoiler
Capture1.PNG
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Alrighty then, it's time for our third hint as we enter the home stretch of searching for spectres! One of the gangs of ghouls in the community is hanging around a button that would be pretty darn useful if you wanted to automatically keep up to date on the happenings of what's going on in the community overall. I wonder if they found it by following me and @KylieF as we were making our monthly stop...

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
Labels