Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Un-Boo-Lievable! The Alteryx Community is Haunted!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

WillM_2-1635277859671.png

Well, we couldn't go forever without something weird happening this spooky season, now could we? Apparently some pesky little spirits have infiltrated the Alteryx Community, and we could use your help! You see, these ghosts aren't necessarily a danger to anyone - can you imagine if interactive lessons had been possessed by something evil? Then we'd really have problems.

It seems as though the sneaky little spectres seem to be congregating around specific buttons and links around the community in a game of hide and seek (links that seem to be pretty important for a holistic community experience for our members, no less). Even though these little guys aren't causing any major harm, we would definitely appreciate the help of the community to find them. There seem to be nine posses of poltergeists throughout the community, and you'll know you've found them when you hover over a link or a button and they pop out to say hello!

Here's where it gets fun - keep a list going of all the places that you've found the little guys, and once you have all nine, respond to this thread with their locations! Now, in the spirit of fun, don't forget to add a spoiler to your answer so others can still enjoy the hunt. We'll be sure to shout out all of you that participate and find the wily wraiths before the game of digital ghostbusting ends on November 3.

As an even more fun added bonus, our own @KylieF created some absolutely amazing community avatar-based Halloween costumes to make things even more fun - when you post your answer, make sure to include what costume you'd like to wear from the list below - we'll be updating at the end of each day and you'll get a nice little shareable surprise.

COSTUMES (pictured below L to R)

• Megaman X
  • Swamp Creature
  • Frankenstein
  • Mummy
  • Witch
  • RX-78-2 Gundam
  • Candy Corn Monarch
  • Bone Collector

WillM_0-1635277812077.png

And if you're struggling - don't worry!  We'll be adding some hints as the game goes on to ensure that everyone has a fighting chance to find them. You've got from October 27th through November 3rd to round up the hiding spots of these freaky phantoms. Have a fun and spooky time this week while you live out your "Ghost Hunters: Alteryx Community" dreams!

HINT 1

OK guys, as someone who has been collaborating with the ghosts to let them have a bit of fun - here's the first hint for those of you that are struggling. It looks like they seem to be congregating around a newer area of the community - particularly one that might help amplify new opportunities for those that know Alteryx...

HINT 2

OK y'all, it's time for another hint!  This one is going to be pretty helpful for all of you that are already Core Certified (hint hint), as the ghosts have upped their hiding game.  If you think you know where something should be, but the ghosts aren't showing up - try looking at it again in an incognito window - it's like using EVP tech, just in the community.

HINT 3

Alrighty then, it's time for our third hint as we enter the home stretch of searching for spectres! One of the gangs of ghouls in the community is hanging around a button that would be pretty darn useful if you wanted to automatically keep up to date on the happenings of what's going on in the community overall. I wonder if they found it by following me and @KylieF as we were making our monthly stop...

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
44 REPLIES 44
JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@mceleavey wrote:

Ok here's my list with the undocumented feature accounted for...

Spoiler
  1. Ask a Question – Community Home Page
  2. New Topic button – General Discussions
  3. Subscribe button – Podcasts
  4. Subscribe – Alter.Nation page
  5. Suggest and Idea button – Community Ideas page
  6. Create an Article – SparkED Job Board
  7. “Getting Started…” link on the Community Hub
  8. Learn More – User Groups page
    9. Certify/Re-Certify button on the core section...ALLEGEDLY!

👏don't forget to choose your costume!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@JeffS , as both a lover of classic literature and one who frequently electrocutes himself through clumsiness, I choose Frankenstein!

Bulien

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Allegedly 😂 If it helps your skepticism, I recommend hovering over the button in an incognito window. I swear those spooky specters are there 👻

As much as @WillM and I slightly live for the saga of frustration and curiosity-driven engagement, it was definitely not our intent to make it...well this hard. So we'll be sure to keep this problematic group of poltergeists in mind to help better future hunts!

And a good choice of costume! You definitely deserve the reward! 

17 - Castor

Don't worry, @KylieF , I wasted almost no time on it.

Also me:

frustrated.gif

Bulien

taran42
8 - Asteroid

Spoiler

Community  - Ask a Question

Certification Program - Take Exam

Community Hub - Getting Started

General - New Topic

Community Ideas - Suggest an Idea

Blog > Alteryx.Nation - Subscribe

Podcast - Subscribe

Job Board - Create Article

SparkEd > User Groups - Learn More

Candy Corn Monarch

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Like @mceleavey, I would also like to call foul! Just for a different reason. 

Spoiler
Here are the ghosts I could find after scouring the website for a couple hours. 

• Certification Page > Alteryx Designer Core > Re-Certify button (or Take Exam)
  • Blog > Alter.Nation > Subscribe button
  • Podcasts > Subscribe button
  • User Groups > Learn More link in orange at the top
  • SparkED Job Board > Create an article button
  • Community Hub > +Getting Started on Community
  • Community Home Page > As a question button
  • General Discussions > New Topic button

I then decided to look at the HTML code for the pages, and I noticed that whenever a ghost was on a page the ghost-container would have a style element with a width attached to it.

Ghost on page:

Maskell_Rascal_0-1635536479758.png

Ghost not on page:

Maskell_Rascal_1-1635536541884.png

So after looking through all the pages again, I still couldn't find the last ghost! So I finally cheated and looked at @atcodedog05's answer and discovered the one I was missing:

• Ideas Page > Suggest An Idea button (Allegedly, since I can’t see it)

But funny thing about that ghost... it doesn't exist! Spoooooky!!!

Maskell_Rascal_2-1635536777596.png

So there are my 9(ish) ghosts. 

I would like the Bone Collector please. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Seems like ghosts are playing Tricks with us 👻👻. If you are missing one you can take one from my gif 😜

monophy.gif

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Maskell_Rascal 

Nice work! One small heads up though about our spooky specters.

Spoiler
We have more than the product ideas, try our community hub ideas and see if our spooky specters start appearing for you! 👻

To amend my list after @KylieF was gracious enough to give me a very big hint. 👻

Spoiler
  • Certification Page > Alteryx Designer Core > Re-Certify button (or Take Exam)
  • Blog > Alter.Nation > Subscribe button
  • Podcasts > Subscribe button
  • User Groups > Learn More link in orange at the top
  • SparkED Job Board > Create an article button
  • Community Hub > +Getting Started on Community
  • Community Home Page > As a question button
  • General Discussions > New Topic button
  • Community Hub > Community Ideas > Suggest An Idea button
WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

OK y'all, it's time for another hint!  This one is going to be pretty helpful for all of you that are already Core Certified (hint hint), as the ghosts have upped their hiding game.  If you think you know where something should be, but the ghosts aren't showing up - try looking at it again in an incognito window - it's like using EVP tech, just in the community.

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
Labels