Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

**Thursday Thought ** Server.NEXT

tvela
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey there, it’s the Product Team at Alteryx! Did you hear @russell_christopher, Senior Director of Product Management, talk about Server.Next at Inspire this year?

We’d love to know what excites you the MOST when it comes to Server.Next? Below is a small sample list of features (don’t worry if you don’t see something, this is just a sample). Which one will make the most impact if your team had Server.Next today?

1. Sites: A collection of users, groups, and assets that provides complete data segregation for an organization.  While a user may be a member of multiple sites, assets are never shared between sites.
  2. Virtual File System: Able to save workflows and apps on in the system and also share those folders with groups or individuals
  3. Custom Roles and Permissions: The ability to customize roles and permission for groups or individuals
  4. Enhanced Search Capabilities: Easily search for assets, data, and apps across the site.
  5. Share Workflows and Apps
  6. Modern Tech Stack: PostgreSQL, not Mongo
  7. Metadata Loaders and Data Cataloging: Unified and user friendly way to extract metadata from a data sources
  8. Designer Integration: Seamless transition from Server.Next to Designer (i.e. Take a workflow from Server.Next and use it in designer with 1 click)
  9. User Management: Easily manage users on a site through a comprehensive user interface.
  10. Public/remote API access

Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I'm excited for #6 - moving to PostgreSQL!!! Can't wait

mzegrodzki
Alteryx
Alteryx

Bringing the powerful features from various Alteryx products into Server.NEXT is a massive step forward!
Modern tech stack and search & collaboration features known from Alteryx Connect sound really exciting.

@JordanB & @DavidM , @Michal what is your opinion?

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I agree with @patrick_digan  - moving to a relational data store is the biggest piece for us from this list - also hoping for strong SDLC support; unified version repository across dev/uat/prod; and canvas-level-dependency management for shared assets in later versions.

tvela
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks @patrick_digan - we are pretty excited for that as well! 

tvela
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SeanAdams- Thank you. I appreciate your insight, it is always valuable. 

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

+1

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Well something not in the list may be #mobile usability...

Everything goes mobile but we cannot consume anything in Alteryx on mobile...

From simple to complex

1. May be wise to transform Alteryx gallery into mobile-friendly
  2. Every gallery app to be easily embedded to a web or mobile platform (copy/paste iframes)
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar
Will the server usage report that is currently available in the MongoDB be available in PostgreSQL?

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
tvela
Alteryx
Alteryx

@cgoodman3- the current Server product utilizes an analytic app to display that information. In Server.Next, it will be similar, but not utilize a workflow to obtain that information (likely built in a diagnostic view). How often do you utilize this functionality? How would you like to use it in the future? Thanks for commenting on our post! 

Labels