General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Specter Scavenger Hunt

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Scavenger Hunt.png

If you thought we weren’t going to be celebrating Halloween this year, you clearly don’t know the Alteryx Community Team! This year we’ve made it bigger and better with our added activities all over the Community, but we also brought back some old classics. Specifically, our specter scavenger hunt!

Hidden across the Community are six ghostly green spooks, hiding in buttons, tabs and boxes. Find them all and report their locations to us here to get credit toward this year's Halloween badge!

2023 Halloween Badge.2023 Halloween Badge.

Be sure to spoiler tag your finds however, so others can enjoy the hunt as well. And don’t worry if you get a little turned around, hints will be provided over the course of the event to help you find your way.

Once you’re done be sure to check out our Halloween Festival Hub to try out our other activities and let us know what you think about this year’s fantastically frightening festivities!

11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide
Spoiler

This was so much fun!

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Spoiler

I tried to find ghosts by web scraping, however it didn't work and ended up checking manually.

CailinS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I hadn't participated in this before so I really didn't know what I was looking for...so for anyone new to this my first Spoiler is just a description of the 'ghostly green spooks' and how to get them to show up (no actual spoilers in the first spoiler!!)

Spoiler
So, the little green guys show up as a 'live action' visual that flies onto the screen (so not something you will visually see until it shows up). These little ghosties fly onto the screen when you *hover* over certain things on the screen (like a button or a 'link' to a new page of interest). So get to hovering and watch for them to fly up. Once you find it, you can rehover and they will keep appearing (so it's not a one time thing).

Now, here are the ones I've found!

Spoiler
First I found that when you hover over Designer Desktop on the Certifications home page they show up!
Second I found that hovering over Submit on the Success Stories screen, they show up!
Cailin Swingle
Customer Experience
SahithiThota1
7 - Meteor

Found the 6 Ghosts

> Designer Desktop in Certifications Exams page
> Alteryx IO button in the Maveryx Community page
> Tool Mastery in the Maveryx Academy page
> Submit button in the Maveryx Success Stories page
> Join Group button in the Alteryx For Good page
> Submit to Gallery button in the Community Gallery

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi all!

Thank you for helping us find and catch these spooky specters, we've been able to successfully relocate them all out of the Community to return to business as usually. However we may see them back next year, so we hope to see you then in finding them all once more.

Happy Halloween and Holidays!