Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Schema error

Loise
5 - Atom

Hi all,

Please assist, I keep get this error 'Field schema for the output "saved name" changed between iterations' when I run my workflow. The workflow has 3 batches but only one is giving the error 😓. I am very new to Alteryx and I am not a data scientist or anything near that - so please explain using basic language 😉.

So far I have updated the Designer Interface on the batch to 'Auto configure by name' but that does not resolve the issue it just hides the error message.

5 REPLIES 5
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Loise have a look at your data - can you read these into 3 separate input files with a select tool, and look at the field types.

It looks like this is changing during each iteration ie. one file has date/integer and another file has string; or you could have files that have less/more columns

Loise
5 - Atom

Thanks for getting back - seems the data has the same formats and I have checked the columns they are aligned

Loise_0-1618399033498.png

I do transpose the data in the macro so I am only left with column 'F2' and 'Comments / Options'. Any other areas I should explore

Loise
5 - Atom

@rishik 

Loise
5 - Atom

_@rishik

see my findings above

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Loise I would say test the logic in the macro individual for what you are grouping / batching on. Also, look at your control parameter(s) - this might be contributing to this error.  If you are still having difficulties, feel free to book a Virtual Solutions Center session and one of us can jump on a call with you and take a look.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Virtual-Solution-Center/tkb-p/vsc

Labels