Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

SSO

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Just wondering how everyone got on with their SSO transition?  Any issues?  All resolved?

11 REPLIES 11
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Shifty 

Mines not always perfect, it sometimes seems to log me out and i have to login again, but other than that no issues!

How about you?

Bulien
Shifty
12 - Quasar

Glad you're largely sorted, @TheOC.

I seem to sign on an awful lot for something called Single Sign On but I appreciate that's not quite what SSO means. 😆

It took a few times for mine to stick but it's all good now.  Would be interested to hear @Adinning's thoughts.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I noticed a couple of people mentioning issues with it on the community too, i wonder if its something Alteryx know about.

If not, I'll be sure to make a support ticket for it if i have the same issues.

Paging  @Adinning  for a response 😀

Bulien
TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks everyone for your feedback! The shortened login duration is on our radar and something we're actively trying to address with the vendor. I do apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime, I'll be the first to admit it's annoying! 

Senior Manager, Community Platform + Operations at Alteryx

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Great to hear its something known about @TreyW 

I had thought it maybe was just something I had been experiencing - if its a global thing its less concerning!

Bulien
Shifty
12 - Quasar

@TreyW - awesome. Thanks for getting back to us. 

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello everyone! We recently rolled out some adjustments to single sign-on that should not require you login as often. Can any of you that were affected please let me know if you're seeing improvements (or please confirm the behavior is the same if that's the case)? 

Thanks!

Trey

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @TreyW 
Awesome!
I can't speak for everyone, but I've used the community throughout the day and haven't been asked to login since logging in this morning. Will report back if anything changes over the next couple of days!

Cheers,
Owen

Bulien
TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Folks, 

While we're working to understand behind the why, it appears that that community cookie acceptance banner may be the cause of logout issues. Can those affected please try the following and see if this keeps you logged in for up to 30 days? 

1. Clear cookies in browser
2. Go to community and accept the cookies prompt
3. After accepted, sign in 

Labels