Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Running Total of AR

mlg01951
6 - Meteoroid

I have spreadsheets with associated cash receipts (foreign key SalesOrderID) and sales invoices (primary key SalesOrderID). The sales invoice spreadsheet includes the dollar amounts for transactions. I am working to create a running total of AR throughout the year. Does anyone know where I can start? Do you believe a formula to create a new column be beneficial? And could I group these AR running totals by customer?

6 REPLIES 6
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hey @mlg01951. That sounds like a very reasonable ask for Alteryx. Do you have an example data set? Creating new, calculated columns can be done with the Formula tool (as an example). Joining data can be done with the Join tool (as an example). Grouping data can be done with the Summarize tool (as an example).

mlg01951
6 - Meteoroid

@acarter881 Thanks so much for your insight! I attached some example data sets below that we have been toying around with. 

acarter881
12 - Quasar

@mlg01951 are those actual customer data? If so, I would remove. If not, then it's all good. Is there a specific output(s) you're looking to create? For example, which columns, groupings, etc.?

mlg01951
6 - Meteoroid

@acarter881 Have no fear! This is mock data we are using to train with Alteryx. We are hoping to maintain a running total of AR throughout 2023, and we are under the assumption that AR is 0 as of the beginning of the year. (AR in this instance being any invoices not yet paid in cash). 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@mlg01951 Do you have an example of the output data? or do you think you can upload the expected result as well?

mlg01951
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs I unfortunately do not have an expected result, other than AR balance will likely sit at $9,901,774 in its entirety.

Labels