Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Required Sum Total in Bottom of the amount

Maheshp
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am going to prepare a workflow but I need Sum Total in the bottom of the transactions.

Could you please guide us how I will get total in Bottom.

Maheshp_0-1660025710195.png

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh

8 REPLIES 8
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Maheshp - there’s a few ways of doing this but I’d say the easiest is definitely just using the Crew Macros total macro. If you’re a frequent Alteryx user the Crew pack is always great to have around so worth getting it downloaded - link here: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html?m=1

Once installed the totals macro gives you the option to output a totals column, row or both.

Maheshp
8 - Asteroid

Hi Nath,

Thanks for your quick reply, Can we get this done without any Macros installation.

I mean, can we do this with in an Alteryx with the help of Options/ formula.

Regards,

Mahesh

DataNath
17 - Castor

Absolutely @Maheshp - if you bring on a Summarize tool and use it to find the sum of that numeric field you want to total, you can then append this with the append tool to the bottom of your data set. Just configure it to append based on name after making a dummy 'Date' field. You may need to tick to append in a certain order and reconfigure that if the wrong input is coming out on top.

Have attached an example using the data shown in your picture:

DataNath_0-1660033101154.png

Maheshp
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Nath! It will be helpfull.

DataNath
17 - Castor

No problem @Maheshp - if this solved your issue then feel free to mark it as a solution so others with the same problem can easily find it in future. If not, let us know what else you need help with and can try to help you further!

Maheshp
8 - Asteroid

This will help if we are working on one file, can you please guide us if we are using 6-7 input files.

I mean we are preparing a workflow with the help of 6-7 supporting files and for each file we need to combine with one summary sheet so we need Total for each the files.

And if we using this workflow with each file it will be as longest as we can but can we have a short and combine tool that we can use.

See the example below we have date and numbers of Column with heading and on last we need total for all the rows,

If this can work, i think it will be most helpful.

Maheshp_0-1660041775159.png

Regards,

Mahesh

DataNath
17 - Castor

Are you able to provide a more comprehensive screenshot, or even better, your workflow? Even if you delete all sensitive data and just use mock data. It really helps to see the full situation as I can't tell exactly what you're asking from your last response. If you want to repeat what I've provided above across several sheets that you're bringing in then this is possible but again it'd be best to see how your workflow currently looks.

Maheshp
8 - Asteroid

Hi Nath,

So I have share the mock data where in I have prepared the summary with the help of workflow, but on bottom I need total of all the particular rows "highlighted in blue pen"

Maheshp_0-1660106867551.png

Required to me.

Maheshp_1-1660107006346.png

Labels