Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Output csv error "File not loaded completely"

erica_am
5 - Atom

I am attempting to output a csv file but I'm receiving an error when opening the file - "File not loaded completely". This is the only file so far that I've encountered this issue. Has anyone experienced this issue or have a work-around for it? Please and thank you!

erica_amescua_0-1639418740965.png

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @erica_am 

Are you opening the file in Excel? Is the csv over the excel row limit (1,048,576)? If so then that's your problem. You could use the data ribbon (get and transform) to import the csv and apply some filters to bring in some of the data on different tabs, or in alteryx update to output multiple csvs based on some field in your data. 

erica_am
5 - Atom

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the info, I definitely wasn't aware of the excel row limit for CSV files. My file had excess rows over the limit. I did as advised and brought in filters to pull data on different tabs. Thanks for the advice!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@erica_am Great! Be sure to mark the solution if you're all set.

To clarify, a csv file is just a text file, it doesn't really have a row limit in and of itself. If you're trying to use a program like excel to read it, you are limited by Excel's row limit. Other programs like alteryx don't have the same limitation. 

erica_am
5 - Atom

Thanks for the information! Appreciate it!

Labels