Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

New to Alteryx

Rudrachauhan
5 - Atom

Any tips to master Alteryx basics?

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Rudrachauhan 

Welcome to the Community!

If you follow the Learn -> Academy thread at the top of the page, you can start with Interactive lessons and Learning Paths. Then try some of the weekly challenges. Above all, play with your data in Alteryx and search the community for answers when you get stuck.

Happy Alteryxing!

Kaustubh17
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Rudrachauhan 

Please find the below link that will help you to start your Alteryx journey.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Onboarding-Resources/Onboarding-4-Your-Analytic-Guidebook/ta-p/9191...

If you have any doubt please respond on the comment. I am happy to assist you. If this comment help you please select as best answer to help others on the community.

Regards,

Kaustubh

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

@Rudrachauhan-  Welcome to the Alteryx Community and thanks for introducing yourself.

Here are few tips that helps you -

1. Interactive Lessons- - Without a doubt the Alteryx interactive lessons had been an amazing plattaform to expand knowledge of what is even possible with Alteryx. I strongly recommend to check and absorb as much as possible. Interactive Lessons - Alteryx Community.

1. Help documentations –I started learning Alteryx through documentations in the site.   Documentation | Alteryx Help

1. Weekly challenges- They get posted up weekly, at three different difficulty levels, by members of the Alteryx community. These challenges include data preparation, analysis, spatial and much more.  Sometimes I am not be able to complete the challenge but with a quick search at someone else’s solution I will find a way. The single biggest thing to realize about Alteryx is that there is almost always more than one way of getting to a solution - what separates the beginners from the advanced users is being able to identify which one of the multiple ways suits each particular situation. Weekly Challenge - Alteryx Community.

1. User  Group - I am sure it will help you a lot. User Groups - Alteryx Community

1. Tool Mastery- I have found the Tool Mastery knowledge base articles particularly useful, especially if I want to understand how and why a specific tool was used.

1. Sample Workflows in Designer- Alteryx Designer contains a number of sample workflows to demonstrate tool functionality and use cases. We can access these directly in Designer top menu. Help > Sample workflows

ArtiRajput_0-1650296543238.png

1. Discussions- And also the power of the community answering questions and posting questions...
  2. Certifications-There are three main certifications that Alteryx provides. Core, Advanced and expert. Core and advanced are free of any cost. Preparing for these exams helps a lot to enhance knowledge and upskill myself.  Certification - Alteryx Community

Hope this helps you :)

KRexroad24
5 - Atom

Weekly challenges are a great resource for practicing and testing your logical thinking. Also re-creating existing workflows helps you learn the interface and function of specific tools. Good luck on your Alteryx journey!

kaoyang
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, thanks for posting, I am new and looking forward to all the suggestions here.  Thanks again everyone!

Labels