General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Need scheduler to launch a .exe to run in foreground as current user.

Dsimps92
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, 

I have Alteryx Designer 2021.4 and am running a scheduled workflow that ends with an event to run a custom autoit script, which is compiled as a ".exe". The issue is that the script needs to run in the foreground. It works fine when the workflow is ran manually, but the script doesn't launch in the foreground when ran via the Scheduler. (Note: the script does not error when ran via the scheduler, it's just now showing up in the foreground. So I imagine it is still running as a different user." 

I have combed through many similar questions, but none of their solutions have worked for me. I have tried "Running as a different user" via System Settings, and setting that use to the one that is logged in and scheduling the workflow (which is also an admin on the PC). I have also tried changing the "Log on as" user for the Alteryx Service to the one that is logged in as well. But neither of these have helped. There are many other things i've tried as well, such as adding a "desktop" folder under "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile" and "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile". Additionally, i've verified I am licensed for automation. 

I am currently using task scheduler to work around this issue but it isn't ideal and presents a different set of issues. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Dsimps92
6 - Meteoroid

Additional info: Local Security Policy also updated for user to "Log on as Batch job" and for user to "Log on as Service".

Labels