General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

My tips on passing your Alteryx Designer Core Certification.

kevin025
8 - Asteroid

Good morning everyone,

Today I will be sharing with you guys how to get certification in your 1st attempt if you're extremely good or 2nd time. I passed it literally 10 minutes ago on my 2nd attempt with 87%. It was sweat and tears. So I want to quickly show you how I passed it because everything is still very fresh in my mind. Please don't take this free Certification lightly. It is actually very challenging if you are not well prepared. There are lots of tricky questions.

Spoiler
Screenshot_10.png

I would like first to say thank you for putting together the amazing ADAPT program and the most amazing and supportive community that we have. 

What we need to know

1. There are 80 Multiple Choice questions with a time limit of 2 hours which is 120 minutes. That will result in only 1 minute and 30 seconds per question.

2. There are at least 4-5 questions you have to make a workflow. That's about 3-5 minutes depends on how good you are.

So how should we tackle this test efficiently and confidently?!

1. If you want to pass it on your 1st try. You need to be 110% prepared. You need to know the ins and outs of the product and how to solve each and every question as fast as possible so you have extra time to tackle more difficult problems. I would say passing it the 1st time is very very difficult but hey it's possible! Victory loves preparation.

2. You need to breath. You need to be calm. You need to take your test in a quite place. Have a bottle of water in front of you.

3. You need to solve at least 20-30 Weekly Challenges (beginner and intermediate) yourself first. This is not including the ones you solved from the ADAPT curriculum. If you are not able to solve it, it's ok, look at other people workflows, look at at least 3-4 of them. There are always more than 1 way to solve a problem.

4. You need to read  Tool Mastery  thoroughly. I'm not even kidding, every single tool. They test you on how well you know their product!

5. You need to google quickly about the tool they ask you about. For example:  "alteryx input data tool"

6. Please don't forget to do your Cert Prep Test. 

I got just 1 more extra tip!

Just take the test even if you are only 80% ready. You need to get the feels of the test. You need to know what's there so you can develop a good approach the next time. Consider taking it as a mock test at first. Then after 7 days, you can retake it, you will see a big leap in knowledge and score.

I guess that is all I have to tell ya!

Good luck to you all!

3 REPLIES 3
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @kevin025 ,

Congratulations on passing the Core certification ! And thank you for your feedback, it's awesome !

Do you plan on passing the Advanced one ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste PINET

kevin025
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Jean-Balteryx ,

For sure, probably after completing Predictive Analytics from Udacity. I will comeback and conquer the Advanced cert.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Have fun completing the Udacity nanodegree and keeps us updated on your progress ! 😉

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Labels