Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

MarqueeCReW is getting "down & dirty" with Data Cleanse

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Have you wondered what goes into making a CReW macro?  Here's a little insight into the process.  I've created a video that expands on my presentation of the macro (delivered to Alteryx User Groups) for you to watch at your convenience.  If you've got questions, comments or feedback please reply to this post.

capture.png

PowerPoint Presentation describing CReW Cleanse Data macro journey:

Review of CReW Cleanse Data (using Alteryx):

Location of Macro:

CReW Cleanse Macro 

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
18 REPLIES 18
Ian_Johnson
7 - Meteor

Feed back..........I love it, I love it, I love it 😁

Some great speed improvements.

One things I have changed locally is to move the Remove HTML Tags to before the Remove Unwanted Characters in the running order.

I found that the way that you originally had it left whitespace that needed a second data cleanse to tidy up

Do you see any issues with this change that I may not have seen on my initial testing?

Thanks

Ian

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Ian_Johnson ,

That does make sense.  @Aguisande could you please confirm and I'll update the gallery version.

Cheers,

Mark

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Will test that ASAP and let you know.

Best,

_AG_

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

This is the change I made (I hope it's exactly what @Ian_Johnson was pointing:

aguisande_0-1609801643575.png

Reviewed the results, and it's OK. Also, I noticed an improvement in the execution time, against the previous version.

Awesome job Mark! (And Ian too!)

Best

Ian_Johnson
7 - Meteor

Yes that's all I did locally too.

Fantastic work from you guys

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Ian_Johnson ,

Thanks for your attention to the function.  I had incorporated the "original" logic as-is.  I opted for a different solution however.  I burdened the HTML removal logic with TRIM and Replace multiple whitespace logic instead of moving the detours around.  While they are very portable (architecture feature), I want the logic to flow with parallelism to the current Alteryx macro.  Also, I don't want to need to explain that in order to do HTML cleanup, you need to choose the other too.

Version #10 is on the gallery now.

Cheers,

Mark

psyrio
9 - Comet

Hello,

Sorry but how I need to install this macro please because I have the CreW Macro package install and when I launch the CReW+Cleanse.yxzp the CReW tool not appear in my tool menu in ALTEYRX. I have only a directory CReW+Cleanse create where I have launch my CReW+Cleanse.yxzp 

Sorry for the question 😞

Regards,

Psyrio

Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @psyrio 

If you installed the Cleanse macro, it should appear in the Preparation Category.

psyrio
9 - Comet

Hi @Aguisande ,

Thanks for your answer. It's not work for me. When I execute the package in my Desktop server, it's appear a directory CReW+Cleanse but it's not appear automaticly in ALTERYX. 

I have found a detour :  Add in my ALteryx User Setting in Macro the directory in my desk.

It's more easy if they they can be install automaticly like the CReW Package macro of 2019.

Regards,

Psyrio

Labels