General Discussions

Discuss a wide range of topics! Questions about the Alteryx Platform should be directed to the appropriate Product discussion forum.

MarqueeCReW is getting "down & dirty" with Data Cleanse

Alteryx Certified Partner

Have you wondered what goes into making a CReW macro?  Here's a little insight into the process.  I've created a video that expands on my presentation of the macro (delivered to Alteryx User Groups) for you to watch at your convenience.  If you've got questions, comments or feedback please reply to this post.

capture.png

PowerPoint Presentation describing CReW Cleanse Data macro journey:

Review of CReW Cleanse Data (using Alteryx):

Location of Macro:

CReW Cleanse Macro 

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
7 - Meteor

Feed back..........I love it, I love it, I love it 😁

Some great speed improvements.

One things I have changed locally is to move the Remove HTML Tags to before the Remove Unwanted Characters in the running order.

I found that the way that you originally had it left whitespace that needed a second data cleanse to tidy up

Do you see any issues with this change that I may not have seen on my initial testing?

Thanks

Ian

@Ian_Johnson ,

That does make sense.  @aguisande could you please confirm and I'll update the gallery version.

Cheers,

Mark

Will test that ASAP and let you know.

Best,

_AG_

This is the change I made (I hope it's exactly what @Ian_Johnson was pointing:

aguisande_0-1609801643575.png

Reviewed the results, and it's OK. Also, I noticed an improvement in the execution time, against the previous version.

Awesome job Mark! (And Ian too!)

Best

7 - Meteor

Yes that's all I did locally too.

Fantastic work from you guys

@Ian_Johnson ,

Thanks for your attention to the function.  I had incorporated the "original" logic as-is.  I opted for a different solution however.  I burdened the HTML removal logic with TRIM and Replace multiple whitespace logic instead of moving the detours around.  While they are very portable (architecture feature), I want the logic to flow with parallelism to the current Alteryx macro.  Also, I don't want to need to explain that in order to do HTML cleanup, you need to choose the other too.

Version #10 is on the gallery now.

Cheers,

Mark