General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Manual Data Entry using Alteryx

mchjord4
5 - Atom

My company is about to begin a transition from using an Oracle database to SAP.  For this transition to happen Oracle is going to be shut down for a period of 3 to 4 weeks in which no transactions will be allowed inside Oracle.  We are being told that all processes will need to be logged manually. This is a warehouse environment where parts get received, inspected, stocked, picked, packed, and shipped.  Each of these steps require Oracle transactions be completed.  My question is would Alteryx be an option to manually log the data required at each step of the process?  In addition, we also have to account for currently stocked items and any demand placed during this 3 to 4 week "blackout" while having the ability to track the pick, pack, and ship functions to ensure inventory remains accurate throughout.  Based on what I've read it sounds like we could download a copy of current inventory out of Oracle the day before the blackout, place that in Alteryx, and possibly link the manually entries for new part arrivals to the latest Oracle export during this timeframe.  We will also need to have the ability after the blackout to load all of this data into SAP.

Looking for insight as logging all this information on an Excel file seems to be asking for trouble.  I've heard Alteryx starting to get used within our company, but I personally have no knowledge of it's use or capabilities.  Does Alteryx offer a manageable solution?

Thanks in advance!

Craig

2 REPLIES 2
wwatson
12 - Quasar

I've been through this sort of transition before and we minimised the blackout period to one week and recorded any manual transactions that week then input them to SAP after the blackout period.

We ensured the blackout period transactions were minimised by identifying orders that are scheduled to ship within the blackout period and either early shipping them before the blackout period or scheduling them to ship after the blackout period.

Any orders that were required to ship in the blackout period were sent for executive level approval.

I am not sure Alteryx would have a ready made solution to help you run the complex supply chain processes you describe. You would have to replicate the database structures and transaction rules.

darronwalton
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mchjord4 - For the final part of your requirement i.e. "We will also need to have the ability after the blackout to load all of this data into SAP", please take a look at the DVW Alteryx Connector for SAP. Our SAP Write tools provide the capability to load data from SAP into Alteryx. You can find out more at https://www.dvwanalytics.com/alteryx-connector-for-sap.html.

Also the following blogs will give you an idea of what's possible.

https://www.dvwanalytics.com/blog/sap-data-migration-load-sap-ecc-pricing-condition-record-data-into...

https://www.dvwanalytics.com/blog/analytic-process-automation-in-action-posting-sap-gl-account-docum...

Thanks,

Darron Walton

DVW Analytics

cond part of you 

Labels