General Discussions

Discuss a wide range of topics! Questions about the Alteryx Platform should be directed to the appropriate Product discussion forum.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 daily data workflow

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@kkoenig - am I seeing it correctly that county level data only lists the number of confirmed cases, not deaths or recovered?  Is that what you see as well?

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

That's what I see as well, unfortunately!

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Thanks for the confirmation, and hey, better than nothing!  Thanks for the post!

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Please go check out this amazing dataset.  They are doing it the old fashion way with brains and tenacity.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/zh/faq

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en/about

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid
Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

@klpenney_Raytheon Thank you for sharing! I see that they have the death details by county as well. That's so helpful!

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I have requested data access but since it is for commercial purpose I am not sure how he will respond. Please let me/us know if you find a way in.

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @DavidW,

Love this - great work.

Is there a reason that you haven't set it up to run the 'git pull' as an event before the workflow runs in order to pull the latest data set automatically?

Luke

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@LukeM I didn't want to assume that people were using git to retrieve the data. In the discussion forum, another user set up a Download tool instead to retrieve the files. I certainly can make a version of the workflow that handles the `git pull` automatically.

David Wilcox
Senior Software Engineer
Alteryx
Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@DavidW I guess I just wanted to make people aware of the ability to create a batch file to run the command line script to perform the 'git pull' and then use the Events panel to trigger the batch file before the workflow starts.