General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Job opportunity

Fenero99
5 - Atom

Hi i need help with something,

Do this company hire people to work remotely for them? Because i got a job offer from whatsapp and it said this: Our job is to optimise the data of the apps that developers publish on the platform in order to improve the ranking and exposure of the apps in the app shop once the optimisation is complete

Can someone confirm this?

19 REPLIES 19
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Grandpop if it was me I would suggest blocking it and then deleting it; again totally up to you

Grandpop
6 - Meteoroid

It is a private account then.
It looks just like a private account

Grandpop
6 - Meteoroid

Yeah, I also find it fishy.
I have refused until i get a verification.
Have tried calling the Alteryx phone number, but it is busy.
Tried to email, but.. so far no answer.

lets see if something comes out of this.

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Grandpop so what have you decided to do in the end?

Grandpop
6 - Meteoroid

We are not at the end yet.

But the internet is vacuumed for info about this.
I found 2 posts about a previous site used.
But they were not consistent negative. Just someone crying about the system.
Until i have verification, I will stay away.

But at least i found something.

Grandpop
6 - Meteoroid

Stay away,
It is a crime ring.
Either Al Qaeda or Chinese.
Most likely Al Qaeda.

Idiris_SM
5 - Atom

I’ve got and received the exact same messages as the OP and Grandpop. I unwittingly however went further along with the tester and started to "work" with them on their website https://www.alteryx-b.life/index/user/login.html. (After signing up for an account).

Basically the so called work is literally just clicking some buttons over and over again and I guess what they want you to think is that you’re somehow doing something to help the app developers gain data/information or ratings in the app/play store. By clicking certain buttons over and over again you start accumulating funds in your account. And then once you’ve accumulated enough funds on that website you can withdraw to a cryptocurrency wallet account.

Which I did…and surprisingly they actually sent me 50-70$. I think this is supposed to make you happy and very eager to continue with this process on that website because you can only accuumalte a certain amount of funds in your account before it stops you and the only way to reset the tasks to gain more funds is to "top up" your account which starts at a minimum of around 100$, if I’m not mistaken.

So technically right now if I walk away I’ve gained money for not very much effort, but I bet what they’re banking on is for me to obviously be very happy about the money I got sent and to continuously top up high amounts before they scam me completely. And I didn’t mention this before but when they were teaching me how the site works on WhatsApp earlier on they were going on about how sometimes something called a "combo task" often gets assigned  to new users and these combo tasks can require more funds in your account but by doing them you make triple the regular amount as you would from normal tasks and they they went on to show me them topping up as if they wanted me to replicate their example later on.

I’m like 95% sure this is a scam now but am now in this awkward position where I’ve actually received money, that was probably scammed from someone else, by this person/group and sent to my crypto wallet account. Another thing I did was search on Twitter for "Alteryx scam" and I saw this tweet.

Idiris_SM
5 - Atom

@Grandpop @aatalai @Fenero99 Re: Job opportunity 

Not sure if that’s how you tag correctly

sanjay209
5 - Atom

Im on whatsapp with someone right now. Im asking why dont they want any of my info. Just gave me the same link, 

Idiris_SM
5 - Atom

Did you see my long message, I’ve gone through this already and got out and blocked the person. It seemed like a very obvious scam and I decided to just go along with it to see how it’d pan out and I got out of it in the nick of time.

Labels