General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Is there a way to "reject" being accepted as a solution on a community post?

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Long story short (details in the thread), I wrote out a convincing-sounding solution (that I was convinced at the time worked) to another user's problem, https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Publishing-Gallery/Prevent-File-Output-to-Private-Gallery/m-p/65901 , which was promptly accepted as a solution, and, as it turns out, is completely, 100% incorrect.

While I can probably get in touch with the user at this point (my mistake was pointed out quickly enough), and I was able to edit my post to point out that this is not a valid solution, I want to be able to say "no, this isn't a solution" and remove the "Solved!" check box (and the link highlighting my shame!) without asking the OP to do anything.

Can I do that today?  I will open a suggestion if not.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Claje,

Great question!  For the post you noted I'll go ahead and adjust the solution.

If you run into this issue again, you are welcome to utilize the report content button which will send us moderators a message that you need assistance.

To report content follow the steps in the screenshot below.  Click '...' next to a post and choose 'report content'

2017-06-19_16-08-02.png

Then fill out a message in the highlighted area below and hit 'notify moderator'.   

2017-06-19_16-10-42.png

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I just stopped in to say that I really appreciate the honesty and that you're looking out for the integrity of solutions in the community. Very cool. 👍🏻

Labels