Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Internal Company Alteryx Forum

elsastark
10 - Fireball

Hello Community!

At our company, we currently use Microsoft Teams to host a Technical Questions channel for any Alteryx questions someone may have. 

The one problem we have been having with this approach is that the search functionality of Microsoft Teams is not the best so people aren't looking at older questions where things have been asked and answered. 

I wanted to see if any other groups have found a better solution to build an active internal Alteryx forum for their employees to post Alteryx questions.

Thanks,

Elsa

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Emil_Kos 
It think your expertise is required here. 😁

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Qiu,

Thank you for tagging me. 

Hi @elsastark,

I would recommend using Yammer as this is a great way to allow people to network with each other and build engagement. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/discover-and-search-in-yammer-e9f31b53-f1b1-407f-8cd6-6cd...

elsastark
10 - Fireball

Hi @Emil_Kos - thank you for the tip! Have you built or seen Alteryx forums where people reference old posts instead of simply posting a new one? Trying to help establish a forum that highlights popular questions while also rewarding those that ask helpful questions.

elsastark
10 - Fireball

@Emil_Kos and @Qiu I also have a similar question around how to structure a helpful internal Alteryx wiki that I posted if you are able to help or if you know of anyone that might have some advice: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/General-Discussions/Internal-Alteryx-Wiki/m-p/999644 

Thank you for your help!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@elsastark 

How about using OneNote, you can use section/pages for different categories and topics.
We dont really have any Wiki in my organization, but I would recommend to use OneNote.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @elsastark,

I don't know if any platforms which I know have the functionality of highlighting popular questions. Yammer can allow picking the best answer to specific question which can be helpful. 

What yammer have is searching capability. If someone searches for something, it works quite well, and you can find a historical question.

Rewarding people probably you would need to do manually. I would recommend writing a post about someone and recognising them for their efforts. Something similar to the screen below: 

Emil_Kos_0-1663765593732.png

I hope this helps :) 

You can also join today's Polish user group and listen about creating an internal Alteryx community in practice as one of our speaker will cover this part. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Poland/UG-6-meeting-21-09-2022-6pm-CET/ec-p/994985#M12

Labels