General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Intercompany Accounting Processes

hwofford001
5 - Atom

Hi, I'm presently working on automating my company's intercompany accounting processes. I was hoping to get some inspiration on how others have used Alteryx for their Intercompany accounting needs. How have you utilized Alteryx? What processes or workflows have been especially helpful. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @hwofford001 

I have used it to reconcile the entries on both companies books to verify that the transactions were recorded consistently. The workflow basically checked that if company A recorded accounts payable to company B, company B also had a corresponding accounts receivable. There were also some FX rate calculations that alteryx did to help compare. 

Hope this helps

JoaoLeiteV
10 - Fireball

Hello @hwofford001,

I've used Alteryx a lot for Journal Entries validations. Getting the entries data from the system, cleaning them up for the specified period, and reconciling the values with the trial balance.

Most of the process involved using data cleansing tools, formulas, and filters. In the end, I always use a Join tool with the account numbers as a key.

Some harder processes involved using PDF Inputs and Regex tools because the Trial Balance couldn't be extracted in a .csv or spreadsheet file.

Good luck with your process automation! If you end up having any questions, post them on the Designer forum and a lot of people will surely help you out!

hwofford001
5 - Atom

Thank you!

nora_m
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Luc

Can you please share with me an example of the workflow you used?

Labels