General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Ice Breaker for the Brain

shancmiralles
7 - Meteor

I just passed my Alteryx Designer Advanced certification -  and it wasn't easy..  I learned to take breaks and do other stuff to give my mind a pause from anything Alteryx -  doing sudoku challenges, walk around and other puzzle games.... I also do these stuff when I'm having a mental block while doing workflows..

I wonder if I'm the only one who developed a habit of doing other stuff in between spending time with Alteryx? 

What activities (aside from sleeping lol ) do you guys do when it seems you need to take a break from Workflows?

9 REPLIES 9
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I breathe. Jokes aside, I take walks and jogs. It helps clear out the mental capacity to think better. Usually when I'm stumped, what I find works is just going for a long walk and coming back to the problem. It makes me a better problem solver.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
shancmiralles
7 - Meteor

@caltang it's nice to hear a working ice breaker from an ACE member... Tysm! I'm looking forward (hopefully - someday) to be one too 😆✌️

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I was in your shoes 3 years ago. Start small, and be consistent - you’ll get there with persistent effort and dedication + passion for something much bigger than yourself. 

Help people and have fun. Be visible! Add a face to your profile my friend. Then just keep going and keep having fun. The community is better with you contributing and having fun. 

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
dhanjitgiri
6 - Meteoroid

Congratulations on passing your Alteryx Designer Advanced certification! That's quite an achievement.
I will go for a walk , quick workout or stretch to re-energize myself

shancmiralles
7 - Meteor

thank you @dhanjitgiri  ! 
yes, seems walking does the trick ...  im not much into workouts/ exercise (lol) but walking  is also fine for me. 

KajalJadhav
5 - Atom

I too go for walk or may be work on something else and then come back to my workflow with fresh mind. Yoga and meditation help me to get ideas and clarity to achieve my goal.

Congratulations Shan, on passing your Alteryx Designer Advanced certification. 

mikemc1979
5 - Atom

Congrats on passing your Advanced Certification Shan, that's a big achievement.  I do like walking as much as possible and even just taking the stairs at work, I find it's a good outlet to burn off some extra energy and busy space in my mind. 

Best of luck in all of your work towards becoming an ACE!  

shancmiralles
7 - Meteor

@KajalJadhav 

Yoga? Hm??? Never thought of doing yoga and meditation.. lol! I'm not sure if yoga and meditation will fit me - I'm a very impatient person 😁... 

Thank you so much! I know you can do it too 💕..

shancmiralles
7 - Meteor

@mikemc1979 

Thanks! You did motivate me by getting it first tho.. congrats to you too! 

Maybe I can do it at the office too ( stairs) if it's like just from one floor to another... (?) 

Labels