Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

How would you recommend someone get started with the Alteryx Reporting Suite?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

GOT THOUGHTS.pngWhile it’s been just about a month since the last official Thursday Thought, I was happy to see our members holding down the fort. Thanks to @ksklar, @ydmuley and @Balders for posing such excellent questions to the community. I included links to the threads below, and would encourage you to continue the conversation. Great stuff!

Alrightythen… moving on to this week’s question.

There’s been a few announcements recently about current (11.3) and expected improvements to the reporting capabilities available within Alteryx, and wanted to take this opportunity to ask a related question. 

Question:

How would you recommend someone get started with the Alteryx Reporting Suite? Where should they begin?

Need some inspiration? @KatieH provides a great list of resources in a recent blog post introducing the New Visual Layout Tool.

4 REPLIES 4
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Leah

I think the Tool Mastery section is a great starting point.

Searching "tool mastery | report" in the Community should give access to very complete posts about the tools involved in Reporting.

Best,

_AG_

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

I would start with the Help->Sample Workflows->Describe what is happening:

- Create a report layout
- Create a report with a chart and a table
- Create summary tables for a report

help.png

There is also a nice One tool example for the Table tool.

One gotcha to be aware with the current Charting tool is the x-axis is record sequence, so you want to ensure each record represents a consistent interval. For example: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-76-Strava-Export-Parse-and-Report/m-p/71...

NJT
11 - Bolide

Pick a simple data manipulation they find themselves doing on a repeated basis and start to try and figure out a way to build a flow to do that same data manipulation to the desired output. Once you build one flow that takes care of even a single repetitive process you've been doing manually you will be addicted to trying to automate as much as possible with Alteryx.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I got started with the Table tool, and the eMail tool - and we used this for simple alerts and some error-trapping & control.

We did this for a long time before starting to introduce headers; layouts; etc.

So - my vote would be to start with basic table into e-mail.

Labels