Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

How to show same Alteryx Dataflow in two separate windows?

leebria3
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to show same Alteryx Dataflow in two separate windows?

For example, many times I need to refer data preview or metadata result in one input tool and go back to another input tool to adjust data type to match another input tool. I am wondering if I can have two windows open for the same Alteryx Dataflow similar to Excel's view new windows function. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
MilindG
12 - Quasar

Not sure if Alteryx has that option. I have 2 different versions (2021.and 2022.1) of Alteryx and that is how I match the result.

chukleswk
11 - Bolide

You are able to open up two instances of the Alteryx applications on your machine and you can have the same flow open on both. I have found, however, that I will do a "Cache and Run Workflow" prior to whatever I am making changes on. This is done by right clicking on a tool already in the flow and selecting "Cache and Run Workflow".

Some other things to consider:

• Running a smaller subset of the data while you make changes
  • Having a flow saved that is a working copy and one that is your production and then make changes to the working copy.
    • This will allow you to have two instances of the same flow open at the same time
dougperez
12 - Quasar

In user settings you can select "Allow multiple tab files of the same file to be open"

dougperez_0-1662686667392.png

Then you can have two tabs of the same workflow:

dougperez_1-1662686699601.png

leebria3
8 - Asteroid

Thank you! This is helpful.

Labels