Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

How to promote alteryx across organization

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi all community members,

Today I wanted to ask you for help.

I am working for the financial institution and during next week, we will hold an event to promote Alteryx. I will be one of the presenters and I was wondering if the community could help me with my task.

Unfortunately, I will not be in the position to share the details related to my current role so I decided to take a slightly different approach. 

I will speak about my own feelings related to this too and why I think it is cool:

• It is fast and very scalable 
  • If you have a problem related to data Alteryx can solve it
  • Easy to use - Hard to master
  • Amazing community that can help you with each of the challenges that you will have on the way
  • It is a great tool to combine plenty of data sources together

Do you by any chance know if there are materials that could be useful for a presentation like this? It will be short speech 5-10 minutes so it cannot be too complex. 

I would be grateful for all your help!

8 REPLIES 8
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Emil_Kos ,

thank you for promoting Alteryx!

As a starting point - I recommend to review the "Essential Guide":

https://www.alteryx.com/whitepaper/essential-guide-to-analytic-process-automation

and the general APA messaging:

https://www.alteryx.com/analytic-process-automation/what-is-apa

Let me know whether this helps you.

Thank you and best regards

Phil

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PhilippK.

Thank you for that. I will take a deeper look into it later during the day. I have another question. Do you know if there is a recorded session from a speech that promotes Alteryx?

I was looking in the internet for something similar to TED speech. In which a person is using a power point presentation just as a support not as a main communication tool.

I am asking about it because promotional video that I found are connected to some kind of visuals and the speech itself is just a background and I wanted to make opposite approach. My presentation will contain only few points even on one slide and the main content will be a speech.

Do you by any chance recall a recording like this?

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Unfortunately, I do not know such a "TED-style" video of Alteryx and I did not found anything on public sources like youtube. I only found "classic-style" videos from Alteryx..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRS2K4IPDZo

..and from partners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8MSnofnItM

Maybe someone else in our community know such a video?

mrbillyjackson
7 - Meteor

One of the main reasons I chose Alteryx for our new Internal Audit Data Team was because our Compliance department already uses it and had the server setup. The server issue is a big deal time and cost wise, and we have some existing organizational knowledge of Alteryx and its benefits. If you have the server set up (and it seems you have institutional knowledge of the tool) adding licenses and training new users would be more cost effective than each department searching for their own analytic tool, which would add acquisition and administrative costs not to mention further muddy your organization's software inventory.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PhilippK @mrbillyjackson

I wanted to thank both of you for your help. Your posts has been really helpful. 

On the online event there were more then 70 participants and the event went really well in my opinion. During the presentation I focused mostly on the improving life of the regular excel user. 

I spoke about situations in which Alteryx is superior to Excel and I received the positive feedback from my colleagues about my presentation. 

Thank you once more!

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy to hear that! Congrats @Emil_Kos ! 🙂

mrbillyjackson
7 - Meteor

Very nice! I hope things continue to move forward for you and your company!

HeatherMHarris
11 - Bolide

Hi @Emil_Kos !

I am passionate about helping Alteryx champions such as yourself and organizations deploy and adopt Alteryx for maximum impact and ROI.

I have led large-scale enterprise deployments and seen first hand the tremendous catalyst that Alteryx can be to elevate analytics and accelerate digital transformation.

Feel free to check out my book that helps folks like yourself lead Alteryx to success!

Citizen Gain: Citizen Data Scientist as the Catalyst for the Modern Analytics Strategy

Enjoy!

@HeatherHarris

Alteryx ACE & Alteryx Innovator

Practice Director, Data Science & Analytics, PK Global

https://www.linkedin.com/in/hmharris/

Twitter: @citizen_gain

#TogetherWeSolve

Labels