Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

How to keep Favorites bar selections when upgrading to latest version

sbarton
8 - Asteroid
All, I am new to Alteryx have been learning for about a month now. I got a notification that there was a new version so I figured ok I will update. When doing the new install it requires you delete the old install. What I want to know is there a way to save your favorites bar from Alteryx to import back in after upgrade? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Shaun Barton
5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It should remember your favorites . I don't recall ever having to re-favorite them again after install.

sbarton
8 - Asteroid
It lost the favorites when I upgraded. The upgrade process uninstalls the old version and install the new in the same folder. When completed favorites are all set to default.
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Strange.  That does not happen to me.  I have a lot of custom settings too for the Canvas (Vertical, Straight Lines, Zoom out -2, etc., etc.).  All those settings are transferred over including favorites.  Now, if I uninstall Alteryx, or get a brand spanking new machine, then yes, the install has no knowledge of prior settings.  But if I do not uninstall, and just upgrade, and let the upgrade do the uninstall, then it remembers my settings.

sbarton
8 - Asteroid

Ok seemed odd to me it required me to delete previous install with the installer. Will see if it happens next time.

Thank you

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sure thing!

Labels