Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to earn Challenge badges on Alteryx Community?

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing good in this pandemic!

I am a new member of the Alteryx community and have already started contributing by posting answers to queries and solving weekly challenges. I am in love with this awesome tool.

I had 1 question - How to earn Challenge badges on Alteryx Community? Is this earned by solving weekly challenges - If Yes then I have already solved a couple of them but have not received any badge yet.

Below is the picture of the badge I am talking of (though it is hazy)

Untitled picture.png

Thanks,
Abhra Mitra

8 REPLIES 8
JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

Hi Abhra Mitra,

To receive the badge, you must submit your challenge once you've completed it.

This article guides you through it : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/How-to-Respond-to-a-Weekly-Challenge/td-p/429291

Hope it helps

Jeremy

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I had followed the article that you have shared before posting any of my solutions but I did not receive any badge. Now I am not sure on why this might be?? 🤔

Thanks,

Abhra

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @bhrmitra ,

You don't receive the challenge badges immediately, maybe in a couple days but I assure you will receive all of them.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid

Weekly challenge badges have taken a few days recently to get awarded, I suspect there might be an issue on the Alteryx side.

Keep working on your challenges! You'll get multiple badges at once

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

I completed my 75th challenge a couple of months ago, and haven't received my badge yet.  And yes, I've been posting my challenges the proper way.

Does anyone know if Alteryx is having an issue with issuing badges (no pun intended).

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I'd suggest downloading the workflow published on the Weekly Challenge page which will pull your submissions in the weekly challenge threads to see how many you have completed. 

I'm not 100% on the criteria but you either need to post an image of the solution or the workflow for it to count (the answer doesn't need to be right), just posting in the thread doesn't contribute to the count.

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

@cgoodman3 

My comment said "yes, I've been posting them the proper way", which means that I have included BOTH an image of my solution and my completed workflow on all 86 of the challenges that I've done so far.  I've also used the weekly challenge workflow to verify that I've completed 86 challenges.

So I've already done everything you've suggested.

Thank you, though.

EW
11 - Bolide

Is this issue still happening?  I seem to be missing a badge as well based on my completed challenge count.  I've always added an image and attachment of my solutions, so they should be counted.  

Labels