Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

How to configure for scheduler workflow.

Nagaraju_kanna
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have multiple workflows, so I need to schedule these workflows every week. But how to configure to scheduler workflows.

Please explain step by step. I can do it my side. Please find the screen shot for your reference of my Alteryx designer don't have connection.

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Nagaraju_kanna do you/your company have an Alteryx server? These are options that relate to that and you can only use them if so.

'Add Gallery' will prompt you to provide the URL of your server, and you'll have to log in with your credentials to then connect.

'Add Controller' is when your server runs from a controller machine. If this is the case then whoever acts as the server admin will need to give you an access token to connect to the controller.

If you don't have an Alteryx Server, the other option is to purchase a Desktop Automation (Scheduler) license as an addition to your Designer license, though I believe (could be mistaken) they have/are in the process of winding this down and leaving server as the only option without using workarounds.

Nagaraju_kanna
8 - Asteroid

Hi Data Nath,

Thank you..

Please explain me how to find in my computer have Alteryx server or not?

So I can find it

DataNath
17 - Castor

No problem @Nagaraju_kanna. Alteryx Server is an enterprise-grade solution used for handling regular, scheduled workflows and hosting apps/macros and such, so I'd imagine you'd be aware if your company had one, as an Alteryx user. This isn't something that would be on your computer, it's a hosted solution on a dedicated machine that you just connect to with credentials. Servers are usually a decent 5-figure investment and so this is definitely something that tends to be done on an organisational level.

https://www.alteryx.com/products/alteryx-server

Labels