Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

How do you FLOW? Rock the VOTE!

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Today is Election Day in the US, so I thought it would be fun to take a poll. 

Vote_horizontalorvertical.png

Vote below! Your preference will have no bearing on product enhancements, but you can still let your voice be heard!!

Tara McCoy
10 REPLIES 10
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I have been converted to the horizontal flow, I admit. I must say it still brings me great joy when I open an old workflow that is still in the vertical orientation and if someone sends me one, I gladly work that way.

Tara McCoy
LonnieY
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Vertical!  I started off with vertical a long time ago so old workflows stayed that way.  New workflows start off in horizontal, I never bothered to change the orientation, I don't think much more about it and continue on.

BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

My brain works left-to-right. Horizontal!

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

Horizontal for me too! Robot Happy

My available screen space if more wide than tall, I feel I would need to scroll more if my workflow was vertical.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Always been horizontal since I started but do like the square connectors rather than curves.

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Left to right! Always!

DultonM
11 - Bolide

I saw all the horizontal fans so I had to chime in and say definitely VERTICAL! Why, because the Join tool has Left and Right inputs not top and bottom inputs!!! If you are using horizontal and turn your head to the left so that the workflow looks vertical, the L anchors are on the right..aaaahhh!

jaycaplan
6 - Meteoroid

For flows with 2 or fewer data sets I go horizontal but for workflows with multiple data sets its vertical all the way.  I can follow a complex data blending work flow much better if it looks like a funnel pairing everything down to one complete data extract at the bottom.  I can also consistently align all of my comments to the right of any tools instead of above or below. 

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

D

u

l

t

o

n

I

s

e

e

y

o

u

r

p

o

i

n

t

!

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels