General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

How do I transfer Alteryx onto a new computer to continue with the Core Certification

MoCo1
5 - Atom

I have downloaded the Alteryx free trial to take the Core Certification but I have to transfer to a new computer. Please can someone advise how I can transfer Alteryx to the new computer so I can complete the course. I am unable to download the free trial again and the alternative appears to require a product key. At the moment I am stuck and I have to return this computer soon.

I am also unable to post here on the new computer as well. It keeps returning a message saying 'Correct the highlighted errors and try again' (There are no highlighted errors) and then sometimes ' Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

2 REPLIES 2
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@MoCo1 sorry you are having issues. You should be able to download another trial version as there's no license installed in that version. As far as the Community error goes, that error typically occurs when you attempt to create another post within a certain time period after you have already posted. It's to prevent bots from spamming the Community

MoCo1
5 - Atom

@DanM

Hope you can help as I'm struggling a bit here. I was unable to download another trial version on my new computer (it wouldn't let me) so left it to continue with my current trial until it finished. My initial trial has now finished and I tried to start a new one but it reverted me back to the need for a key. I then discovered a link to request an extension so that I could finish my Core Certification but have heard nothing back in this regard and now can't even find where that message has gone. Not sure what to do next but I do want to finish the Core Certification somehow.

Labels