Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Fantasy Premier League Webinar On-Demand

LiamB
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I missed the Live Webinar: Selecting your Fantasy Premier League Team with Advanced Analytics - by Nick Cavey on 17th Jan.

I can't seem to find the on-demand video anywhere, does anyone know if it will be released?

Cheers

Liam

4 REPLIES 4
NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Liam,

The recording will be emailed out to those that registered for the event start of next week (I'm told).  

A blog article has been written and has been sent to the administrators, so expect to see that online shortly.  It will contain an annotated workflow that you can download and use.  I will include a link to the recording in the post.

Thanks,

Nick

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
LiamB
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Nick,

That's fantastic, thanks!

I watched the webinar and it was super helpful, I'm going to sink a bit of time playing with the Optimisation tool it seems!

One quick question regarding the API link: where did you find it? And how do I go about finding some API's for other websites that I wish to get data from? Does a website NEED an API for me to draw data from it?

Sorry for the questions, never done anything like this before!

Liam

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Liam,

It was a simple google to find the API.  Along the lines of 'fantasy premier league API'.  

You do not need an API to draw data, you are also able to scrap a webpage.  The API is a cleaner and easier way to download   Try these links below for more guidance.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Guide-to-Creating-Your-Own-Connector-Series/...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Web-Scraping/ta-p/24952

Labels