Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Experience in Alteryx for searching jobs.

BharathSrivatsa
7 - Meteor

Hey, so I am from India. I have recently got my Advanced exam certification, have done lots of weekly challenges and have intermediate knowledge in Tableau, Python and SQL. So I guess this applies to every/anyone who completed their certification program and is looking for work. I have applied for more than 3 dozens of Jobs In India and while most of those describe the job profile as "Alteryx developer" or "Analyst" and have descriptions "Core and Advanced certification is a must", and "minimum 3 or above experience", yet ask for fresher graduate. I tried to search and apply for Internships related to Alteryx or/and Tableau and jobs too, but how can one expect to find one job/internship with more than 3 years of work experience when I can't start my Alteryx Journey with my 0 work experience. How can someone gain 3 years of experience when no one is willing to take a someone with 0 work experience. So my main question is that,

1. Do I sound logical about the above description or am I missing something in this Alteryx journey to gain work and experience  

2. Does anyone know/help/can refer or point out in which direction should I start my journey in Alteryx and Tableau work with no work experience when no one that I have applied and searched for is willing to take a person with 0 experience.

3. if anyone knows about a position related, I am willing to talk. 

I will drop my resume below, which might also help in figuring out "did i miss something in my skills to get a job related to Alteryx and Tableau. It would also help me if someone knows a job profile that matches my resume, do contact. I would love to talk about an opportunity at anytime. 

Thank you,

Regards,

Bharath Srivatsa.

2 REPLIES 2
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Well @BharathSrivatsa  the situation you are describing is the same in other countries (I'm from Brazil and find a internship is very hard), my advice for you is to make a portfolio, make some projects and put that in your LinkedIn profile or referr that into your CV...
The company I'm working now created a "new" no-experience internship, but we are looking for people into Brazil, I will take your CV and show that to the HR here...

I wish you good luck...

BharathSrivatsa
7 - Meteor

Thank you @dougperez. I did think of creating a portfolio but had no idea what kind of projects to do, i mean in terms of where an what kind of data should i get and what should I work on. I've been doing weekly challenges till now. But I will definitely look into doing my own project to make a better portfolio. Thank you for the advice. I hope I'll hear from you again. Good luck for you too. 

Labels