General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Experience in Alteryx for searching jobs.

BharathSrivatsa
7 - Meteor

Hey, so I am from India. I have recently got my Advanced exam certification, have done lots of weekly challenges and have intermediate knowledge in Tableau, Python and SQL. So I guess this applies to every/anyone who completed their certification program and is looking for work. I have applied for more than 3 dozens of Jobs In India and while most of those describe the job profile as "Alteryx developer" or "Analyst" and have descriptions "Core and Advanced certification is a must", and "minimum 3 or above experience", yet ask for fresher graduate. I tried to search and apply for Internships related to Alteryx or/and Tableau and jobs too, but how can one expect to find one job/internship with more than 3 years of work experience when I can't start my Alteryx Journey with my 0 work experience. How can someone gain 3 years of experience when no one is willing to take a someone with 0 work experience. So my main question is that,

1. Do I sound logical about the above description or am I missing something in this Alteryx journey to gain work and experience  

2. Does anyone know/help/can refer or point out in which direction should I start my journey in Alteryx and Tableau work with no work experience when no one that I have applied and searched for is willing to take a person with 0 experience.

3. if anyone knows about a position related, I am willing to talk. 

I will drop my resume below, which might also help in figuring out "did i miss something in my skills to get a job related to Alteryx and Tableau. It would also help me if someone knows a job profile that matches my resume, do contact. I would love to talk about an opportunity at anytime. 

Thank you,

Regards,

Bharath Srivatsa.

2 REPLIES 2
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Well @BharathSrivatsa  the situation you are describing is the same in other countries (I'm from Brazil and find a internship is very hard), my advice for you is to make a portfolio, make some projects and put that in your LinkedIn profile or referr that into your CV...
The company I'm working now created a "new" no-experience internship, but we are looking for people into Brazil, I will take your CV and show that to the HR here...

I wish you good luck...

BharathSrivatsa
7 - Meteor

Thank you @dougperez. I did think of creating a portfolio but had no idea what kind of projects to do, i mean in terms of where an what kind of data should i get and what should I work on. I've been doing weekly challenges till now. But I will definitely look into doing my own project to make a better portfolio. Thank you for the advice. I hope I'll hear from you again. Good luck for you too. 

Labels