This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
a colleague and I have been trying to set up AAH for an evaluation, but struggle to get workflows running. No matter if we schedule a workflow or try to run it, we always get "Failed to retrieve asset XXXX" errors. We also noticed that the validation during the upload fails with the exact same error message.
We have done a standard installation with no special changes. So far we have checked:
- Worker is alive (checked on Windows and AAH site)
- Workflow is correctly uploaded
- No assets are in the workflow
- All licenses: Designer License, AAH user License, Worker License, Hub License - all work
- Log files: We checked all log files we could find, but we do not get any additional information
- Permissions: The User that starts the workflow has full admin privileges
Try the workaround highlighted in bold below and see if it resolves your issue?
Microsoft .NET Framework places extracted files for the runtime of the Alteryx Engine Worker in folder C:\Windows\Temp\.net\CutlassApi\. Disk cleanup utilities or antivirus programs could delete these files causing Alteryx workflow executions to fail. If this occurs, delete the C:\Windows\Temp\.net\CutlassApi\ directory and restart the AlteryxEngineWorker service.
A workaround to prevent this problem is to set the Windows Environment variable DOTNET_BUNDLE_EXTRACT_BASE_DIR to the Analytics Hub installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Extracted_Runtime_Files\). After setting the environment variable, restart the AlteryxEngineWorker service for the setting to take effect. In a multi-node environment, make this change on all Analytics Hub machines.
I am pretty sure other people will also stumble across this issue. I would recommend to add the error code 'Failed to retrieve asset' to the release notes you posted, because we didn't find it when we googled the issue.
To be honest: I am quite surprised this note is on the 'release note' and not in the documentation. We followed the Hub Installation Guide and there was no note that this issue might occur. I think you should also add this to the installation guide.
The community posts will probably also pop up when other people google this, but it would be better if we also have it in the official documents. I am sure other people will face this, because we installed the Hub on a clean EC2 from Amazon with basic configurations.