General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Entering data to SharePoint list based on Months

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I need to create an alteryx workflow which will pull the data from the database. Now I've a query to pull the records, but in the workflow a copy of the data will be loaded for the current month, and all future months.

For example -  I've 20 records in the database. If the workflow is running in June, data should be populated for June – November (6 months forward). There would be 20 records for each month. Only difference would be the month.

And If I'm running the workflow in July, It should delete the data for June month and populate the data from July to December ( 6 months)

Please advise

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@swapsingh2712 Once you have the data from the database into the Alteryx  you can use the Dynamic Select tool to select the next 6 months records

a sample use of dynamic workflow can be found in the post Dynamic calculating last fifth month data and comi... - Alteryx Community

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

Hello @binuacs 

Thank you for your response. In the attached workflow, it looks like you're generating columns using the dynamic select tool.

I need to generate rows based on months, so if there are 20 records. It should generate 20 rows for each month (6 months increment) . Here's an example (If I'm running it in June)

MonthName Age Location 
Junea23Japan 
Juneb24Canada 
Julya23Japan 
Julyb24Canada 

Can It be possible using dynamic select, as I need month column to be shown in SharePoint

BR

@swapsingh2712 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@swapsingh2712 My understanding was wrong that why I suggested dynamic select. If you want to generate rows for each month you need to use the generate tool. My question for the above use case are you expecting 2 rows for the months starting June to November? Can you provide a sample output for the given input ?

swapsingh2712
8 - Asteroid

Hey @binuacs 

I've attached the sample dataset. In the dataset I've created 2 sheets named as Sample Input and Sample Output

In the sample output you'll find the expected output. So this new month column should be generated.

If I'm running the workflow, it's giving the output till November.

If I'll run it in July, It should give output till December.

The dataset will be same, only thing that should change is month.

BR

swapsingh2712

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@swapsingh2712 one way of doing this

binuacs_0-1654087195582.png

Labels