General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Compatibility issue between 24-inch gaming monitor and Alteryx, seeking solution

jessicashepherd
5 - Atom

Hi fellow forum members,

I'm currently facing a compatibility issue between my 24 inch gaming monitor and Alteryx, as well as some programming language software. I'm seeking advice on how to fix this problem. Here are the details:

Monitor Specs:

Model: 24-inch gaming monitor Lenovo

Resolution: 1920x1080 or 2560x1440

Refresh Rate: 60Hz or 144Hz

Software:

Alteryx 2022.1.1.30961

Programming language software Python, RStudio

Issue Description:

I recently acquired a 24-inch gaming monitor primarily for gaming purposes but also for using Alteryx and programming language software. However, I've encountered a compatibility issue between the monitor and Alteryx.

The problem manifests when I launch Alteryx. The application window appears distorted or doesn't fit properly on the screen, making it challenging to navigate and use the software effectively. Additionally, when working with programming language software, I've noticed occasional flickering or display abnormalities.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

Updating Graphics Drivers: I have made sure to update my graphics drivers to the latest version provided by the manufacturer. However, this hasn't resolved the compatibility issue between the monitor and Alteryx.

Adjusting Display Settings: I tried adjusting the display settings on my computer, including resolution and scaling options, to see if it would improve the situation. Unfortunately, the issue persists.

Checking System Requirements: I reviewed the system requirements for Alteryx, and my computer meets all the recommended specifications. However, the compatibility issue remains unresolved. I'm reaching out to this community to seek guidance and suggestions on how to fix this compatibility issue between my 24-inch gaming monitor and Alteryx, as well as the programming language software. If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has knowledge regarding potential solutions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

If additional information about my monitor, software versions, or any error messages is required, please let me know, and I will provide them promptly.

Thank you all in advance for your valuable assistance!

Best regards,

Jessica Shepherd

2 REPLIES 2
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Very interesting problem! 

Have you come across this: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Resolve-display-issu...

Scaling seems to be your best bet. Otherwise you’ll have to have mini applications (half the 24inch or less than half) to operate any IDE or Alteryx / BI tool effectively. 

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @jessicashepherd 

I had seen similar behaviour with QlikSense in low resolution monitors or laptops' screen, the scaling describe in the link posted above by @caltang resolved the issue.

Some times some games configure these monitors by applying a set of ESCAPE sequences, I hope this is not your scenario becuase you will need to find these ESCAPE sequences and the sequence that reset that configuration back to normal, the ESCAPE sequences are defined by the game or games you are using.

hth

Arnaldo

Labels