General Discussions

Discuss a wide range of topics! Questions about the Alteryx Platform should be directed to the appropriate Product discussion forum.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Community Q&A Session with Dean Stoecker - Share your questions here!

Highlighted
13 - Pulsar

I'd like to hear more about getting Alteryx into schools.  I have a finance intern this summer and introducing him to Alteryx has changed his outlook on Data Science and what he will study his final university year.  He was able to get onboarded and start his Alteryx journey before his internship started as he was able to get a student license.  BIG THANK YOU to Alteryx for that program!  My question is how is Alteryx expanding on and recruiting in the Alteryx Community for the Alteryx for Good Co-Lab program?  I've talked to so many students who are learning and being certified in Excel but haven't seen Alteryx.   

Highlighted
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Looking forward to the webinar!

Here are my questions:

1. What one thing would you tell your younger self knowing what you know today?

2. What guiding principles did you start with that have served you well...that you still rely on today?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I want to thank all of you that could attend the live Q&A session this morning.  The community really brought their A-Game when it came to the questions that were asked, and @DeanS was incredibly engaging and thoughtful in his responses on the air.  I had a blast hosting and facilitating, and it was such a good turnout, that we have plenty more questions that came through.  We'll be working on some follow-up content over the next several days, so if we didn't get back to you on the air, know that it's coming (and so are the badges that you'll be getting for participating and attending the webinar)!

If you missed the live event, we'll be adding a video to the community soon so you can watch it and catch up! We also made an announcement that one lucky attendee would be getting a FREE pass to Analyticon in 2021, and through the magic of random number generators, we have our winner!  Drumroll please... The winner of a pass to Analyticon next year is none other than our very own community member, @meprice!!! We'll be reaching out to you soon with details, but know that we're very excited to have a member of the community as our winner.  I hope you all get a chance to congratulate our winner, and that you enjoyed this morning's event!

Will Machin
Community Engagement Programs Manager
Alteryx
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much @DeanS and @WillM for hosting this event! I loved the thoughtful answers and candid responses. My favorite quote from the event was:

"Either define the future or the future will define you" -Dean Stoecker

I have memorialized it in a sticky note on my monitor. 

I loved the thoughtful question from @meprice about using the power of data for good and I would like to recommend a book to you about just that subject. I read it while completing my undergrad and it has really stuck with me. Its called Weapons of Math Destruction by Cathy O'Neil. In the book, she explores how algorithms can reinforce preexisting inequalities unintentionally. 

Thank you again and I look forward to more community events! 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Wait, What!!!  OMG!  This is too awesome!!!!  @meprice is doing the happy dance right about now!!!!  Analyticon 2021 HERE I COME. 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the recommendation on the book.  Hopefully I can find it at Walmart, Apple, Amazon, Google as these are some of my favorite places to purchase content.  

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

You are very welcome @meprice . I found my copy on Amazon. 

Congratulations on the  Analyticon 2021 ticket. What an amazing opportunity!!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Congrats @meprice enjoy the event, and thanks @JanssenSarah for the read suggestion.

BTW @WillM where is our cool badges?

Have a great analyzing yall!

AliAS