Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Community.Alteryx.com is not responding

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi All,

Is there anyone who can help me on the issue of accessing the website https://community.alteryx.com/ as since yesterday i am trying to access this website but unable to do so. It takes alot of time for loading the page and then reaching to the Interactive lessons.

Even though if i reach to the lesson it takes a lot to time to load the next page. 

As of now my aim is just to learn alteryx through the Interactive Lessons. If there is any other way to access these lessons, I am happy to try that also.

As per some of the checks from My End - I tested my network Speed  which i  can say is at 6mbps in worst case and 60mbps in best and an average of 15-20mbps. (Browsers Tried - Chrome and Firefox - Deleted all cookies/History/Cache/Prefetch/Temp files but still no improvement found) however, Starts working better after 10:00 PM(+5:30 GMT)

Also simultaneously, i tried accessing other websites and that are working fine and testing running 4k video on Youtube which also run smoothly without any buffering.

Or do let me know if this site is not even accessible from India (as i asked my other friends and the response was same but checking with Friends in UAE - Singapore its working bit better)

7 REPLIES 7
sachink
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rohit,

It is working fine for me in In Toronto. Can you download the HAR file and share with us so we can check whats going on with the network request when you are loading the page.

Thanks,
Sachin

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi Sachin,

Please find the attached 3 HAR files. I saved the 1 file 2 times where first stage was launching community.Alteryx.com and second time resaved after completing the Login on the Homepage. Then i saved a new HAR File for reaching to a An Interactive Lesson and playing video. 

I also checked the Internet Speed right after saving files and closing Alteryx page and results were as below:

Download: 36.1mbps

Upload: 47.9 mbps 

Latency: 7 ms

sachink
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks Rohit,

Was there any difference in the performance when you tried today vs yesterday ?

We will check the HAR files and get back.

Thanks,
Sachin

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi Sachin.

The response was better while generating the HAR files as compared to actual time of raising this issue.  

Before that it was taking a lot of time to even launch the Homepage and Launching Lesson was next to impossible. Atleast i easily reached till the Interactive Lessons when generating HAR Files

Regards.

Rohit

sachink
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rohit,

I did a high level analysis of the HAR files that you shared and this is what I have got from the analysis tool so far. I will be digging deeper and see if there are other factors at play as well.

1. The BW detected was too low (3.35 Kb/s). This is usually due to a bad network connection

2. The request took too much time (119.59 s). This may be due to a slow network or other problems.

3. The server took a long time to respond during SSO authentication. This might be due to server load

4. The request spent too much time waiting for the browser to have available connection sockets. This can be due to the browser limitations or to trying to open too many connections at the same time

This is just primary investigation and it points to slow network connection. This may also be attributed to various plugins running on the browser.

While we dig deeper can you try few things below and confirm if it gives better performance.

1. Open the site in the incognito or private mode so your browser plugins are not running

2. Try using both chrome and FF and compare which is better for you. I have seen faster performance in latest version of Firefox

3. Avoid opening multiple tabs in the same browser to avoid browser multiple socket connections.

4. Avoid any streaming/downloads when you access the site and see if that creates any performance difference

Thanks,
Sachin

Inactive User
Not applicable

Thanks Sachin,

Sorry, forgot to mention one thing in relation to the HAR files that all these files were downloaded from Chrome Incognito Mode with everything else closed to check what best results I can Get. 

Kind Regards,

Rohit

sachink
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the additional information. Will check and get back.

Labels