Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Color cell background

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

How can I change the color of a cell background if there is 2 or more color set in a row ?.

8 REPLIES 8
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @arjundelara, do you mean like this?

DataNath_0-1652962391158.png

If so, you just need to set rules for each of the columns. As you can see here, I have applied the same rule to both. However, as they are different columns, the different colours used apply because of the column rules rather than using row rules:

DataNath_1-1652962459602.pngDataNath_2-1652962469437.png

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @DataNath , Yes exactly if there's 2 or more color in a row it will change to another color. for example the cell that colored in yellow and green it will change to orange.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Thanks for clarifying @arjundelara. What are your conditions for colouring? I'd imagine it'd be easier to set up 3 conditions within row rules instead. Also, if you could provide at least a small sample of data as well as expected outcome that'd be great to make sure I'm building the correct outcome!

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @DataNath 

For the addition rules condition it will based on how many colored in a row.

arjundelara_0-1652963895371.png

As you can see the row 2 is colored in yellow and red so it meets the additional condition that it has 2 or more condition so it will colored to orange.

DataNath
17 - Castor

How does this look?

DataNath_0-1652966104471.png

Steps:

1) Set up your column rules as normal (i.e. Field] > 100

2) Set up a second column rule - in each column - that references all the other rules i.e. [Field] > 100 AND [Field2] > 100 - Assign the group colour to this (in your case orange)

DataNath_1-1652966194398.png

DataNath_2-1652966203580.png

This will tell Alteryx: If rule 1 (the individual) is satisfied, then highlight in a certain colour e.g. green/yellow. If the second rule is satisfied (i.e. other columns meet their conditions and will be coloured), highlight in another colour e.g. orange that you will use for them all.

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @DataNath

Thank you for the idea.

Highly Appreciated.

DataNath
17 - Castor

No problem @arjundelara - you could also use a row rule which overrides column rules but then you’d highlight everything in the row (not sure if you want all cells coloured).

if this solves your issue then feel free to mark the solution or shout up and we can help some more!

Jayapriya
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

Can any one help me how to change my O/P file's header background Color?

Labels