Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Celebrate and share your accomplishments!

shannonem
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Alteryx Community friends!

I am back again with another "Shannon hangs out in the Alteryx Community" post. I need to work on that title. 🤔

This week, I want to invite you to take a few minutes and look at what you have accomplished. Why? We often get caught in the things that went wrong, the things that did not go right, and we overlook the good. Let's celebrate a bit of the good this week.

For me? Well, it is embarrassing but I am learning how to be more transparent with my ACEs. I am writing a mini post series on thoughts on the program and its future and being candid. 

It has looked a bit like this on my insides:

shannonem_1-1654788317243.jpeg

But it is important to do so I can build trust with them and make sure the ACE Program continues on a good path. So while it cost me some internal angst (up for introspection this weekend), it is a win in my world. 

Take that time today (or tomorrow or whenever) and reflect on what your wins are for this week, month, or even year. Feel free to share them below so we can all cheer you on. If your big win is just surviving and getting by, hit the like button, we want to cheer you on too. As my grandfather would say when you asked him how he was doing, he'd respond with "just trying to survive" and that's not a bad thing to have accomplished.

Have a fabulous week and weekend, my friends, looking forward to celebrating your accomplishments! 

Shannon Emery, she/her
9 REPLIES 9
AlteryxMatt

Hello Alteryx Community members!

I think that one of my biggest accomplishments this year is that I am halfway done with my Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) program. I have been in school for a very, very long time and I'm looking forward to being able to say that I have my master’s degree, and the academic student in me can finally rest! I have learned so much and am eager to learn more from the second half of the program!

Looking forward to seeing what others choose to share. :)

Matt

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Yesterday, both @IraWatt and myself were almost dueling commenters on many of the same questions posted to the community, sometimes posting our solutions only seconds apart. It was a pleasure to see in real-time another example of what makes this community so special! Many of our responses took very different approaches to the same questions and I think we both picked up some new tips and tricks along the way.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

🤣 It was great fun yesterday @phottovy the great thing being what I learned from your answers yesterday I then used in my posts today! It is awesome how much you can learn from such an active community. Along those lines I would probably say writing/learning more is the big win for me this week.

Also congratulations @AlteryxMatt and best of luck in your second semester! likewise best of luck with the ACEs @shannonem😄

shannonem
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Woohoo! Go @AlteryxMatt! That's quite the accomplishment - you are going to do amazing in the next part of your academic journey! Edit: Not sure where that last part went but here to fix it.

I like that you two did not have a competitive spirit around answering questions @phottovy & @IraWatt but rather took the opportunity to learn from one another and share different perspectives. Does my community heart good to see it. Also whatever you all share can definitely help someone, community isn't just for the responses but also for those reading. Love it.

Also thanks @IraWatt - my ACEs are a good bunch and good things will be happening. 

Shannon Emery, she/her
phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Another win: being able to laugh at myself for my "win" and then reading @AlteryxMatt post, which is more of a WIN in full caps and bold!

MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

I talked to Luis Gonzales today and found out that the talk I gave with Quinton at Inspire had 160 attendees and an above-average score on the survey feedback (93% positive!) It was a win since I had been a little nervous about it and didn't know for sure if people found value in the presentation. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

I think my big win this year was taking the plunge to jump industries, move across the country and start fresh in this wonderful industry!

On the Alteryx side, I’m really loving engaging in the community and there’s wins in various forms at just about every turn…

• Meeting new people and connecting with others

• Helping users out by providing solutions

• Working through the weekly challenges and collecting milestone badges

• Offering to help teach and support others via outreach offered by my company to other organisations

I’m also heading out on my first consulting placement next week and am excited for my first stint in ‘the real world’!

shannonem
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Fantastic job on your Inspire presentation @MeganDibble - that's amazing!!!! And wow, quite a crowd. I've done several presentations but my first one only had a handful of people in it and I tripped over the giant projector screen twice. It helped me find a love of public speaking and also a lot more spatial awareness, haha. 

shannonem_0-1654868854693.jpeg

Look at you @DataNath - just out there living your best life, love to see it!! 2022 sounds like a big year for you, keep going. Glad you are here in the Alteryx Community sharing your knowledge and enjoying it too! 

Shannon Emery, she/her
Adrian_T
Alteryx
Alteryx

One of my greatest accomplishments this year is a simple one - getting hyped up and comfortable during IN-PERSON, face to face gatherings and meetings with friends and colleagues again! It’s been awhile since we could say “hi” without having to hit the “Join Meeting” button 😅

Labels