Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Catch the ACEs at Happy Hour and this is what you might hear...

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

In 2020 (for obvious reasons) the ACEs wanted to connect with each other and started having Friday Night Happy Hours (ask and you might be invited).  We talk about cats, dogs and oh yes, Alteryx.  During a recent Happy Hour we turned the discussion into a recording and the following is a trimmed version of the discussion.  We were talking about workflow organization, containers and macros.  You won't hear much from me because I cleverly spoke before turning the recording on.  You'll hear plenty from the following ACEs:  @SeanA , @Hollingsworth , @grossal , @Deanna , @DavidP , @Aguisande , @T_Willins .

Alteryx Community turned down the opportunity for us to create a blog series of our recordings.  If you would like to encourage us to repeat our discussions or to feed us topics for insights, please reply to this thread.  But more important, is to voice your opinion on how you organize and maintain your workflows.  Are you like Sean?  Do you agree with John?  Do you like containers?  Do you like macros?  Do you test first and answer questions later?

Tell us who says "I have some really gigantic, thorny, ugly workflows that would make Sean's skin tingle" and you might be invited to an upcoming Happy Hour.

@shannonem  

If you think that this is blog-worthy, please #AlteryxHappyHour here, IG or Twitter.  I'll be watching ....

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
12 REPLIES 12
Ken_Black
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Sean,

Your eyes might have bled a little, but I swear that I've suffered multiple brain bleeds as I've tried to decipher this heiroglyphic work of art.

If you don't hear from my anymore, look for my crypt somewhere in Egypt. This workflow will be inscribed on top of the crypt. My epitaph will say something like: "Entombed within this crypt is a man once reknown for his problem solving skills. They once called him an Ace and then they called him a Zen, but utltimately they called a mortician to prononounce him an al mawt (the modern Egyptian Arabic word for death)".

Ken

Alteryx giveth so much goodness, but in the hands of the devious, it can taketh away, too!

Ken Black
General Motors
https://datablends.us
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I agree @terry10 ; it would be great to have a comment tool that you can add behind tools, but it follows the tools around as you move them.  I would also like it to be much like a container, which expands automatically to encompass all of the tools within it.  However, if we could also be able to expand the comment tool to whatever size we need (such as another tool width to the side, since I like to add text inside of them to explain the tools) AND it would follow the tools around, that would be excellent.  Great idea!

@Deanna 

Deanna
Tam
9 - Comet

@Ken_Black  😎 if its the person job to explain that and they can't say "No", i am hoping they on an hourly retainer because that looks like a big pay day. 

Labels