General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Can we dynamically change tables names in Alteryx?

RiteshKumar-13
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I want to change table name dynamically so that I rest of the work flow remain same, is it possible in any way in Alteryx? can anyone please help ?

7 REPLIES 7
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @RiteshKumar-13, you can dynamically change column names. What do you mean by table name, are you referencing a table in a database? Would you be able to give an example of what your wanting to achieve? 

Thanks,

Ira

RiteshKumar-13
6 - Meteoroid

Hey all - IraWatt , Sure I will tell you in an example, Suppose we have workflow which will be comparing same table rows count from different sources to make sure source and destination has same row records(ETL process). 

But things which is blocking me is that Input tool from Alteryx need to get table name updated I need to go and update the table name manually. Is it possible that rest of the work flow remain same but Input can be parameterized OR change dynamically 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @RiteshKumar-13,

The dynamic input tool allows you to dynamically provide a table name and the workflow will input the data from there:

IraWatt_0-1656327376783.png

If you search in the top right you can have a look at the example workflow on it. Its great to use with the directory tool or to loop through tabs in an excel sheet. How does your table name change, why does it need to be updated each time?

RiteshKumar-13
6 - Meteoroid
RiteshKumar-13
6 - Meteoroid

Hey all - IraWatt  I want table name from same table between source and destination tables can be change dynamically so that there is no manual intervention and I can change all my 20 table one by one in source and destination tables and get the expected result

Please let me know if we can have teams call ? Only if its okay for you :) 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sure no worries sent my email over to you 😄

YipengTang
6 - Meteoroid

In macro, I can use dynamic input.   But how to do dynamic output data (table name can be replaced) ?  Alteryx doesn't have that option.    In the Output Data tool box, if I use "Update; insert if new", than I need to specify the Key name.   These 100 tables have different key column names.   How to do that dynamically?

Labels