Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Auto Adding Input Data Tool

eggers78
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

Is there a way to automatically add an Input Data tool monthly? I have worked on pulling in the most recent version of a file, but we have a workflow that adds a new input tool each month and keeps the previous months' inputs. I am unsure how to do this or is it is even possible, but I would like to find a way to automate this. (Visual is attached)

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Check out the Dynamic Input Tool in the Tool Mastery Index .  That should do the trick.  What you'll want to do is use a Directory tool to dynamically read in the files you want (might have to use a sort tool by file modified date and a sample tool to take the first X files, etc.), but once you get your list you can read them all in one at a time and union them all with that Dynamic Input Tool .

Play around with it and let us know if you run into trouble or need some guidence.

eggers78
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Very welcome!

Labels