General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alteryx Scheduler

anwerm2
7 - Meteor

I am interested to figure out how it's possible to automate an Alteryx workflow running from Alteryx Designer.

I can't use the server scheduler because the workflow works with our database (SQL) and our company does not support database from Server. 

1 REPLY 1
gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

hi @anwerm2 

Designer Desktop Automation is no longer supported as of today.

Except for Alteryx Server, only one choice 'Cloud Execution for Desktop'. This is Alteryx Analytic Cloud Platform function.

https://help.alteryx.com/20231/en/designer/workflows/cloud-execution-for-desktop.html

I'm just wondering what do you mean "your company does not support database from Server"? Your company prohibits access database from Alteryx Server? If so, your Alteryx Server does not perform its potential at all. Alteryx Server shall have access to those databases to realize fully automated business process. If it is a matter of security or authentication, please utilize Data Connection Manager(DCM) that enables you to have secured connection to data sources.

Good luck!  

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels