Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Alteryx Download Issue

IS2003
6 - Meteoroid

Hello:

I am encountering issues with downloading Alteryx Designer (+Predictive Analytics).

Each time, I am stuck at the following screen for at least a couple of hours with no progression. 

IS2003_0-1603551955799.png

I have uninstalled (through the Control Panel) and tried re-installing Alteryx a few times.  I also disabled Norton's Firewall to see if that might help.  Unfortunately, I continue getting stuck at this screen.

Any help with resolving this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @IS2003 

Turning off firewall is a good step

Hoping that you have a good internet and you are not on VPN

Internet plays a huge role in installation.

If still facing issue drop mail to support@alteryx.com

Hope this helps 🙂

IS2003
6 - Meteoroid

I am on a 150mbps internet plan.  

Will contact support. Thanks.

IS2003
6 - Meteoroid

Quick update:

Success...got lucky the third time around.  Did not make any changes from the first two but it worked after lingering on the Python screen for nearly an hour.  Thanks.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Cheers 😀

Happy to help 🙂

jsnd23
6 - Meteoroid

I had a similar issue.  I had to go into the folder where the Alteryx files were being stored and remove any files from prior tries at installation.  It seemed that after running the uninstall that a file still remained.  Also removed the .exe install file and retried the process again.  I was able to install after removing any old files.

Desmond
8 - Asteroid

I was having the same issues helping a couple co-workers with install and deleting the Alteryx files worked perfectly!

Labels