Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alteryx Designer Core Certified..Finally!!

adizing
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, Community Folks,

The thrill of solving and some persistence finally helped me pass the Alteryx Designer Core certification! I truly love the way the exam is structured. Each exam is a learning in itself. I could see progress and growth in each attempt at clearing the exam. It took me three attempts, but i am glad it did, since it definitely helped me understand the nuances and the tools better.

Exam Scores:

1st attempt - 64.6

2nd attempt - 74.8

3rd attempt - 82.4

My biggest problem was time management during the exam. Although i knew how to solve the 7 practical application questions, i was always running out of time. I used to just scamper through at the end. Some key lessons learned are -

1) Do not spend more time on a 1 point question, if you are not able to answer it in a minute or so. Just go ahead with the best choice you feel and mark it so that you can navigate back to it.

2) Read the practical application questions carefully and visualize/plan the solution. It helps save a lot of time while creating the workflow/solution.

3) For the multiple answer questions, it's better to select only the options that you are confident of.

4) There are many 1 point questions which can be solved using the tools. Be sure not to miss these, since they are the ones that will help you get over the fence. Of course, speed is the key here.

Again, thank you so much for the Study Prep Guide and the vast documentation available here. This community is awesome! The knowledge sharing and the discussions that i see here are outstanding!

Many Thanks

Arya aka adizing

6 REPLIES 6
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @adizing ,

Congratulations on getting the certification !! That's a huge step !

There is no problem at taking many attempts to get it. 🙂

Thank you for this feedback, it will help a lot anyone looking to attempt the Designer Core.

What's your next step ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

adizing
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, Jean! Much appreciated! I am on to the next challenge - Designer Advanced! All i can say is Alteryx is pretty addictive. Being a BI reporting guy, It's my first step to ETL and it's well worth it!

Sntrada
11 - Bolide

@adizing 

Alteryx really is addictive! Sometimes I start working in Alteryx at 9pm then BAM, it's suddenly 3am. 

adizing
6 - Meteoroid

You got it! Been there, done that! 🙂

DDurgaPrasad
5 - Atom

Hi bro this is durga prasad

I tried to get altered core certification certificate could u plss help me to get certificate.

My no:9000710544

adizing
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, Durga - You would need to pass the certification exam. The certificate is then emailed to you.

Labels