Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alteryx Designer Advanced Certification - Conquered!!

adizing
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, Folks,

Happy to share that i passed the Alteryx Designer Advanced exam today with 92.5% on my 4th attempt. My past scores were not that great. But persistence and practice eventually pay off!

Attempt 1 - 36.3% (Wrote this just to get a sense of the structure and difficulty level of the exam. Did not prepare much and did not solve any of the practical questions).

Attempt 2 - 65.1% (Did pretty well with the single point questions but could only complete 2 practical questions)

Attempt 3 - 43.8% (I was more confident this time, but for some reason even though the answers for the practical questions were right in front of my eyes, I did a few careless mistakes and hence spent most of the time trying to debug them, which left me with less time for the single point questions)

Although i did pretty well on the single point questions a couple of times, but i struggled to complete all the 4 practical questions. Time is of essence here and that comes with practice. The Weekly Challenges were very helpful. My weakest area was Macro and strongest was Spatial. I still need to enhance my macro skills. Planning to explore all the other tools to get a more comprehensive knowledge of the product.

The thrill of solving continues! Love this community.

Many Thanks

Arya

5 REPLIES 5
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Well done! 

adizing
6 - Meteoroid

@Emil_Kos - Thank you so much!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @adizing ,

Congratulations on getting the Advanced certification, that's a huge step ! And thank you for your feedback, it will help people who are interested in it.

What's your next step ?

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

adizing
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, @Jean-Balteryx - Next up is Alteryx Designer Expert certification. But, before i take the plunge, i plan to explore all the remaining tools that were not covered as part of Core and Advanced certifications. The goal is to equip myself with a more comprehensive knowledge of the product. I love the community and i am looking forward to actively participating in discussions and weekly challenges.

Many Thanks

Arya

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

As a fan of weekly challenges I can't recommend you enough to complete them. They really develop your skills !

The Expert Certification also is my goal but it sure is very hard.

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Labels