General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Alteryx Core exam question

jthompson989
5 - Atom

I want to start studying for the Alteryx Core exam, and I wanted to know if I need access to the designer program to prepare for the exam?

I have used the designer program in past jobs, but I no longer have access to it now.

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jthompson989 
The answer is affrimative.
As per below, you need to solve some questions with Alteryx.

So maybe you can apply the 2 weeks trial license?

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ayx.policies/Core+Certification+Exam+Prep+Guide.pdf

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jthompson989 ,

yes for preparing you definitely need the Alteryx Designer. Here you can download a free trial:

https://www.alteryx.com/designer-trial/free-trial-download

Best regards

Phil

jthompson989
5 - Atom

Thank you for the link. I have used up my free trial on my laptop awhile ago. I signed up for a Udacity program that uses Alteryx, and I received a two-month education license. I hope that I can get through my core and maybe the advanced exam by the end of December. I'm looking for a remote job right now, and I'm hoping these certifications will help with my job search. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @jthompson989 

Good luck! 

I would heavily recommend the interactive lessons within the knowledge tag on the left!

You do need a license, I would find it much harder to do a lot of the test, and the practical exams are impossible, without Alteryx access.

If you need any help revising or with any other guidance drop me a PM, i've recently passed the core and working on the advanced

Bulien
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TheOC 
Maybe we can have a study team, since I just failed my attempt on advanced.😁

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Qiu I would not be opposed to that at all!

The step from core to advanced was more than i thought haha

Bulien
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Trying the Weekly Challenge is a very good way to learn.

bezawada_123
5 - Atom

HI ALL,

I DO MY BEST WITH ALTERYX TO CONVERT THE DATE FORMAT:

ENCLOSED DATASET HAVING DATE COLUMNS.

I AM UNABLE TO CONVERT INTO STANDARD FORMAT:DD-MM-YYYY

BunnyB
6 - Meteoroid

How to complete alteryx desiner core certification exam...that is too tough to finish....

Labels