Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Alteryx Core exam question

jthompson989
5 - Atom

I want to start studying for the Alteryx Core exam, and I wanted to know if I need access to the designer program to prepare for the exam?

I have used the designer program in past jobs, but I no longer have access to it now.

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jthompson989 
The answer is affrimative.
As per below, you need to solve some questions with Alteryx.

So maybe you can apply the 2 weeks trial license?

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ayx.policies/Core+Certification+Exam+Prep+Guide.pdf

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jthompson989 ,

yes for preparing you definitely need the Alteryx Designer. Here you can download a free trial:

https://www.alteryx.com/designer-trial/free-trial-download

Best regards

Phil

jthompson989
5 - Atom

Thank you for the link. I have used up my free trial on my laptop awhile ago. I signed up for a Udacity program that uses Alteryx, and I received a two-month education license. I hope that I can get through my core and maybe the advanced exam by the end of December. I'm looking for a remote job right now, and I'm hoping these certifications will help with my job search. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @jthompson989 

Good luck! 

I would heavily recommend the interactive lessons within the knowledge tag on the left!

You do need a license, I would find it much harder to do a lot of the test, and the practical exams are impossible, without Alteryx access.

If you need any help revising or with any other guidance drop me a PM, i've recently passed the core and working on the advanced

Bulien
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@TheOC 
Maybe we can have a study team, since I just failed my attempt on advanced.😁

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Qiu I would not be opposed to that at all!

The step from core to advanced was more than i thought haha

Bulien
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Trying the Weekly Challenge is a very good way to learn.

bezawada_123
5 - Atom

HI ALL,

I DO MY BEST WITH ALTERYX TO CONVERT THE DATE FORMAT:

ENCLOSED DATASET HAVING DATE COLUMNS.

I AM UNABLE TO CONVERT INTO STANDARD FORMAT:DD-MM-YYYY

BunnyB
6 - Meteoroid

How to complete alteryx desiner core certification exam...that is too tough to finish....

Labels